Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ive gotten to being able to hold a stand up at about 70 throught 90 for a fair time in top rpms 2nd gear. (Still cant get 3rd up at 70) but anyways I wanted to slow them down to be a little safer plus I think its "cooler". Therefore! I've gotten my first gear power wheelie down good. 2ng gear power wheelie standing good.. Clutch ups blah blah... NOW. Finding balance point. Lowered PSI to 20-24. I didnt start out 1st because here the problem with the first few attempts. Wheel spin is occasional. I can launch her up quick but when I BARELY let off the throttle it just cutts off basically.. BLUH. doesnt die just BLUH :) and if I thottle on any its TOO torquey. Theres that rant on. Heres where im comfy. 2nd gear maybe 10mph. Clutch all the way in.. Rev it up to where i hear i like her... SLip it out up she goes down the road I go NOW FREEZE! :) I was told you know your getting close to balance point when you cant see the road anymore infront of you. Within 2 attempts I was looking over the side ( FUCK YEA IM GETTIN THERE! ).. WHAT SHOUD I DO FROM HERE TO SAFELY FIND MY BALANCE POINT!...

Thats me and how i'm doing it. Thanks in advance for the tips and help. I ranted so much just to get you into how i'm handling it. Feel free to take it back to the beginning or jump right in. I'm in no rush... I just want to slowly get her back more n more bit im a little anxious to see what ill do once im damn near 11 o clock.

EDIT... Oh yea -1 +2 ;)

·
Rectally Assaulted on a Regular Basis
1,147 Posts
your at balance point when you are no longer gaining speed and your bike almost feels weightless. the key to going slow is to get your bike to balance point smoothly and quickly. don't power wheelie its a lot harder to control and will cause you to loop easier if you get into trouble. try standing stagard, one foot covering the rear brake and one foot on the rear passanger peg, it will feel wierd at frist but it will help you out in the long run.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok Graveyard. Ill try to switch it up staggered. Should I be in first? If so what about that very choppy/torqey on off switch on my bike? I've staggere up in first but when I get up there quick im trying to let off and smoothly bring it back up to find it. but its way too jumpy. im -1 +2 also. do i still feel the weightless point at a slow staggered? ill leave it out that and work these kinks and keep in touch with you. i found a good place to do it also. just could you address these all the issues first please.

·
Registered
90 Posts
a TRE (Timing Retard Eliminator) will negate alot of the engine breaking in first .. not all of it, and it will still be way more twitchy than second... but wont suck you to the ground as fast

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
jdawgster
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing