Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please anyone tell me wht you think. Here is the history first....
Put a slip-on on my K5, nothing else. Soon after I noticed I have the Fi light comming on only once in a while. It will come on only when I get on the throttle real strong and running through the gears quickly. I thought it might be because I put on the slip-on and the fuel mixture was way off. So I figured a Power commander would fix it. I received one only to ship it back the next day for them to reprogram it. So that was fixed already before I even installed it. Oh also I did pull the wire for the exhaust valve. I finally got the code pulled. It is "C28". So I look it up in the Sevice Manual and it states...
"Secondary Throttle Valve Actuator" with a note stating...
"When the Secondary Throttle Valve actuator and Secondary Throttle Position Sensor signals are not sent to the ECM. In this case, C28 and C29 are indicated alternately."

So do any of you know what I should do or check first? Again it only happens once in a while. It seems like it is not reacting to my input (wrist) quick enough.

This thing makes me wonder if there were even problems with the Power Commanders at all. Maybe the problem s in the bike not the Commander.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does anyone know what code was showing with the Power Commander problem?

·
Registered
512 Posts
On my old 1000, I got that error. For some reason one of the Secondary Throttle Valves were getting stuck. Make sure everything is free moving and not being binded with the throttle assemblies. Only way I found mine was to start the bike with air box off so I could see what was going on. Also, when putting the airbox back on, make sure it does not obstruct the path of ant throttle assembly components.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Come on these are the only replies I have got? I know there are more people on this sight that know much more about these bikes then this. For god sakes the post about windscreen pics has more replies than this. What is up with that???????
I need some help here.

·
Banned
14,060 Posts
Come on these are the only replies I have got? I know there are more people on this sight that know much more about these bikes then this. For god sakes the post about windscreen pics has more replies than this. What is up with that???????
I need some help here.
Pm this guy SPL170db he went through the pcIII issues and should be able to help you out.

SPL170db

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I need some help here.
Pm this guy SPL170db he went through the pcIII issues and should be able to help you out.

SPL170db
Thanks!
Is that the Nut Gobbler???? LOL

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
2nd gear?
I do not think it is just the 2nd gear. But it is hard to say because It happens when I'm running through the gears very fast.

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
I saw mine come on twice. In both instances it was during a 2nd gear wheelie when the revs climbed above 10,000RPM. I assumed the PC was responsible. I purchased the PC from the US and had it flashed by the local distributor here in Australia and I thought that it just wasn`t fixed properly. I posted about on GDC at the time.
3 Points of intrest for me.
1/ The original PC error was only ever for 3rd gear and above.
2/The dyno operator who tuned the bike was adament the the error did not occur on the dyno.

3/I could not get the error to occur during normal riding(if thats what you call it) above 10000rpm in 2nd gear.

I don`t have to worry about it anymore as the bike is dead and I sure hope I don`t see it on my next one.
Good luck with yours, I will watch your posts with intrest.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts