Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been trying to get the front up for sum time now and never felt comfortable getting it up and revving the shit out of it, so i chuck on a new x ring chain and went +3 on the rear.
Holy Crap why didnt i do it earlier it comes up by itself now..cost 400$ buckeroos but man am i glad i did it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont think it effects the top enough to worry about it unless you rely on it for a race or somthing. Its nothing like i expected, I thought going three up will make me change gears much more and make the bike very jerky on 1st but its not like that, it makes the front end feel much lighter like the bike just went on a diet or sumting and the bike speeds up much more quickly but less rpm and u can really feel the extra torque.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I have been thinking about going +2, should I take the plunge and go +3? The 96 and 97's come stock with one tooth lower then the 98 and 99's so maybe 3 wouldnt hurt.

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
Why did you spend $400?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It cost me 400 for the mechanic to put it, they were the one that persuade me to, i could have done it at home but i dont have any tools and these guys are very cool.
If u thinking of going +2 it doesnt matter that much, If u love wheelies and want to do it everywhere go +3. -1front is =2.5 rear some people go -2 front or -1front and +2rear that is way more than +3 so go for it. If u can wheelie well -2 will do but if u are finding it hard to get it up i suggest go
for the top u wont regret it.

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
Originally posted by =GSXR=:
It cost me 400 for the mechanic to put it, they were the one that persuade me to, i could have done it at home but i dont have any tools and these guys are very cool.
If u thinking of going +2 it doesnt matter that much, If u love wheelies and want to do it everywhere go +3. -1front is =2.5 rear some people go -2 front or -1front and +2rear that is way more than +3 so go for it. If u can wheelie well -2 will do but if u are finding it hard to get it up i suggest go
for the top u wont regret it.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Oh I just noticed you are in Australia ... I thought it was US$... I see...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts