Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 12 years not riding i finally got an 05 gsxr 750, bought it for 10,000 in NY, included in this was everyting (tax, freight, plates and even a extended warranty). Since its been a while since i been on a bike i have a couple of questiions maby you guys can answer, sorry if these have been posted before.

!- whats the normal colant temp supposed to be? whats too hot?

2- all my other bikes had a reserve switch, is there one on here?

3- when the fuel light does come on how much further can you go?

I also was thinking of getting the scorpio 500 alarm, i was told this is the best alarm and even has a peramiter sensor, I have had cars with a peramiter sensor and it always went off way to much, does anyone know if this is really a good alarm. They want $500 for it installed.

Thanks
PS here is my first pick

adam

·
Registered
531 Posts
#1 anything below 225-230 degrees. fan turns on at 220
#2 no it doesn't have one.
#3 I go usually about 30-40 miles more depends on your rev's.

congrats on the bike.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the Scorpio 500 with the perimeter sensor. The perimeter sensor has a sensitivity adjustment, as does the shock sensor. This pretty much allows you to customize these two settings. I am very happy with mine. Congrats on your new bike, keep her safe.

·
Registered
134 Posts
congrats man......

1 for me her in hawaii normal is 180-200
2 no more reserve switch its automatic already
3 if i am not mistaken its another 30-40 miles(correct me if i am wrong)

scorpio alarm its a pretty good alarm just got to kknow the best place to install it so it would be a bit louder, 500 dont pay that buy the alarm and just install it your self even a noob can do it....

·
Registered
654 Posts
If you want a better indication than an idiot light, telling that you'll be walking soon if you don't get gas, reset the trip odometer when you fill up. That way, you should be able to figure after once or twice how long you can drive at your pace without stopping for gas. I usally get about 120-130 miles before the light comes on. After that, I don't know how much more I get- I'm thinking that I don't want to find out how hard it is to push!
lol

Congrats on the bike! You'll have a blast with it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.