Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Both Handsome AND Pretty!
19,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally had the federal paperwork come through after 10 months for my Omega silencer. It's cool as hell, even with standard velocity ammo it's really quiet. It just goes poof, poof, poof, fucking awesome! It's rated for full auto and up to .300 Win Mag. :banana :banana :banana :banana

Attachments

·
IM THE BRONZE
1,336 Posts
I finally had the federal paperwork come through after 10 months for my Omega silencer. It's cool as hell, even with standard velocity ammo it's really quiet. It's rated for full auto and up to .300 Win Mag. :banana :banana :banana :banana

Very nice.
Pretty stupid we have to have paper work for shit like that.
A Govt should not be better armed than it's populace or have to ask permission, screw'em

·
19,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice.
Pretty stupid we have to have paper work for shit like that.
A Govt should not be better armed than it's populace or have to ask permission, screw'em
Thanks, sad thing is that at 10 months, I was one of the quicker approval processes! :hammer

·
19,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
19,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got my new barrel back from Armalite so I can finally mount the Omega on it. I'm now officially politically incorrect. :monkeyface

Attachments

·
19,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Groundhogs'll never know what hit 'em.
:spit True dat! That's the main reason I actually wanted it, so I can use the AR to shoot them and not be booming up the area with the noise.

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,744 Posts
If you hadn't bought the fake eagle and scared your bird brained friend away, you wouldn't need that setup :lmao

·
19,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
If you hadn't bought the fake eagle and scared your bird brained friend away, you wouldn't need that setup :lmao
I have a giant, fat coyote that has moved into my area this summer. He looks more wolf like. It's the only fat coyote I've ever seen. They are normally super skinny and half starved looking. I think he's eating most of the hogs. I've only shot 25 this summer, I should be over 50 by now. I haven't seen my eagle since early summer for a short bit. Hopefully he comes back next summer. I kept putting hogs out for him and they were always taken by a fox or the coyote. I don't think he fed here at all.

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,744 Posts
Holy shit, 25? I grew up on horse farms so groundhogs were a serious no-no (holes = broken legs = dead horses). 25 means you've got a LOT of families.

Regardless, I gotta admit, t'would be cool as hell to pop-off a paper target or a groundhog with a silenced AR-15. I know squat about guns... that a .223? Bad news for a groundhog :fact I used to take 'em out with a 22.

Very cool. :thumbup Good luck getting anything like that up here in Canuckistan

·
19,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep, .223. The groundhogs are so numerous because of several hundred acres of farmland surrounding me and I'm the only one shooting them. My next door neighbor has horses so he has the same fear of them breaking their legs in a damn chuck hole. The farmer loves me! :lol

·
17,010 Posts
Yep, .223. The groundhogs are so numerous because of several hundred acres of farmland surrounding me and I'm the only one shooting them. My next door neighbor has horses so he has the same fear of them breaking their legs in a damn chuck hole. The farmer loves me! :lol
What's that you say?
GDC Range Day at Oldies..:frantic
I can bring "a few" from my collection and some of the 5K rounds of stored ammo up... :banana

·
Registered
122 Posts
I finally had the federal paperwork come through after 10 months for my Omega silencer. It's cool as hell, even with standard velocity ammo it's really quiet. It just goes poof, poof, poof, fucking awesome! It's rated for full auto and up to .300 Win Mag. :banana :banana :banana :banana

Did you register it in your own name or did you start a trust? I'm thinking about making a trust but it seems like such a hassle.

·
19,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What's that you say?
GDC Range Day at Oldies..:frantic
I can bring "a few" from my collection and some of the 5K rounds of stored ammo up... :banana
I could never do a lot of shooting right on my property. I shoot groundhogs all the time, but from my second floor deck. I'm on a high spot and everything slopes down from here so you have to be real careful with your angles. That's why I only shoot from the second floor to be sure I have a good downward angle that will not skip out across the valley. I belong to 2 different ranges where I do 99% of my shooting.

Did you register it in your own name or did you start a trust? I'm thinking about making a trust but it seems like such a hassle.
I just put it in my name, I'm not aware of any downside to just putting it in your name instead of a trust. That was the advice I was given by my class 3 dealer, who I'm pretty good friends with.

·
19,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I forgot that there are some issues that differ between states. A good read for you from Silencerco. For me it wasn't worth the trust hassles.

https://silencerco.com/nfa-trust/

·
Registered
122 Posts
I forgot that there are some issues that differ between states. A good read for you from Silencerco. For me it wasn't worth the trust hassles.

https://silencerco.com/nfa-trust/
Appreciate the info, I was starting the process in January so I could get my SBR and a silencer but I ended up deploying last min. I've heard pros and cons to both from quite a few friends. That being said, I don't have any kids that need to inherit my belongings so it's probably easier just to register.

On a side note, it must be nice not to have to wear ear pro. :grin2:

·
19,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Appreciate the info, I was starting the process in January so I could get my SBR and a silencer but I ended up deploying last min. I've heard pros and cons to both from quite a few friends. That being said, I don't have any kids that need to inherit my belongings so it's probably easier just to register.

On a side note, it must be nice not to have to wear ear pro. :grin2:
You're in the same position as me then, there were no real advantages to a trust for me. It is AWESOME to have an AR with standard ammo sound like a .22 short, especially when I'm alone on the range. You are so far below the level of needing hearing protection it's ridiculous. You realize how rude others are with their noisy fucking guns they use! :lol

Only downside is you start getting mirage in about 5 shots, so you need to wrap it. I was shocked how fast it gets REALLY HOT. It's warm in 2 shots, any after that and you better be damn careful because it will be screaming hot. I have a nomex case to slip it into after shooting for transport.

Thanks for your service. :cheers

·
Registered
122 Posts
You're in the same position as me then, there were no real advantages to a trust for me. It is AWESOME to have an AR with standard ammo sound like a .22 short, especially when I'm alone on the range. You are so far below the level of needing hearing protection it's ridiculous. You realize how rude others are with their noisy fucking guns they use! :lol

Only downside is you start getting mirage in about 5 shots, so you need to wrap it. I was shocked how fast it gets REALLY HOT. It's warm in 2 shots, any after that and you better be damn careful because it will be screaming hot. I have a nomex case to slip it into after shooting for transport.

Thanks for your service. :cheers

I would have never thought it would get that hot after only a few shots. I guess it makes sense with all the baffles and what not. I'll have to post up some pics of mine whenever I actually get my hands on one. In the mean time, after I gutted the internals on my MP15T I had the barrel chopped and pinned so I can pretend it's an SBR. :lmao

·
19,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:lol I didn't expect the rapid heat gain either. I guess with all the baffles that trap the sound, they also trap all the heat in the suppressor. I was glad I had the burn proof carry sleeve so you don't have to wait 15 minutes before you can leave the range with it. By the time I'm done packing my shit to leave I can pop it off with the carry sleeve & throw it in the truck.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts