Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a metal building built for my hotrod and truck and added 12 extra feet wide to build out a motorcycle shop for myself.
I had a 4 foot wide door installed just for it.
I did everything myself, even sheet rock and floating and electrical.
Well here's some pics.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Thats an awesome setup,very very nice.:cheers
Any HVAC inside??

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like a nice set up man! Pics of the hotrod and truck please...
Here's a couple, its a 98 SS S10 Vortec 5.3 with Z06 corvette cam, patriot racing heads, all fuel injection with a 6 speed overdrive auto. Should be about 450-500 HP.
There were only 1800 98 SS's made, came with posi and upgraded suspension.
Hopefully be running this winter.

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats an awesome setup,very very nice.:cheers
Any HVAC inside??
For sure OG. Look on the back wall up and left of the roll around tool box trimmed with cedar.
8000 BTU wall unit A/C.
Buying heater next week, it's a portable 220V garage heater, heats a two car garage well with no propane fumes.

·
Both Handsome AND Pretty!
19,104 Posts
Nice, I have the same lift. If the HB lift is new, make sure it has enough hydraulic fluid in the pump. Mine came with about 2 teaspoons of oil plus I had to replace all the zerk fittings as they were the wrong size for the threaded holes.

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
:thumbup And back in TX too, I'm envious.

Where abouts? Near Uvalde? Round Rock? Burnett?

·
----------------
1,761 Posts
Here's a couple, its a 98 SS S10 Vortec 5.3 with Z06 corvette cam, patriot racing heads, all fuel injection with a 6 speed overdrive auto. Should be about 450-500 HP.
Cool project, I'm very familiar with S-10's had a custom '99 and '82. No V8 swaps unfortunately. Those aren't 98 headlights though?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the info OF, it works great, just had to replace the wheel vise with one from Handy Lift, it's an "L" shape, way better.

I live in Flatonia Todd, 1/2 way between Houston and San Antonio off I-10.
I grew up in Houston and Katy, moved out here because of job, gas industry.
I loved being a motorcycle mech up until 2008, shops went bust, most of them, couldnt handle pay cut after 20 years of busting my ass.

I believe that was the last year for single headlights Kevin, I have a new grill, with factory SS emblem on it.
I'll post up as it comes together.

Was just in the shop getting ready for track day on the 27th. Im making a bead beaker to put on ne tires and bought a gravity balancer.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts

Very nice !! I love push rod V8s. I had a 2000 ext cab Silverado with a 5.3 . It had bolt ons, suspension and a tune . Ran 14.3 @ 98 mph

Damn I miss that truck :crying:

·
----------------
1,761 Posts
I believe that was the last year for single headlights Kevin, I have a new grill, with factory SS emblem on it.

Maybe the SS model was different but 94-97 was single headlight, 98-04 has the dual set up. The front ends all interchange pretty easily, I had an 01 Oldsmobile Bravada front clip on mine. But yeah definitely post up the progress :cheers

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
Thanks for the info OF, it works great, just had to replace the wheel vise with one from Handy Lift, it's an "L" shape, way better.

I live in Flatonia Todd, 1/2 way between Houston and San Antonio off I-10.
I grew up in Houston and Katy, moved out here because of job, gas industry.
I loved being a motorcycle mech up until 2008, shops went bust, most of them, couldnt handle pay cut after 20 years of busting my ass.

Was just in the shop getting ready for track day on the 27th. Im making a bead beaker to put on ne tires and bought a gravity balancer.
Yep, been thru there probably a hundred or more times thru the years.
I was friends with Will Watson, his family owned the land @ 183 and I10. Used to go to the Luling Watermelon Thump every year for a while there.

·
Both Handsome AND Pretty!
19,104 Posts
I forgot about the ridiculous shitty wheel clamp that came with the lift. I wouldn't have trusted that thing to hold up my mountain bike. :hammer I put on a Condor wheel chock right away, I can also move it easily onto my trailer when I need it.

Attachments

·
The Dreaded Midnight Taint Slapper
17,898 Posts
@LiferSBKRider, Sweet shop, bike, and truck. Do you also have a hotrod? I wasn't sure if I read your post correctly. I'm a hotrodder too! :cheers

·
The Dreaded Midnight Taint Slapper
17,898 Posts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts