Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm way way out of the loop, but aside from looking at ebay and putting the make and model etc. Into a search engine, what is the best way to arrive at a reasonable selling price?

1986 GSXR 1100

2nd owner since 87
That should add value

5K miles. That should add value

Only mods are pipe, jet kit, ignition advance, stock kn filter.
All original fairings with some damage. Negative effect on value, I guess.
Runs well.
I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
These type of posts usually end up with people making offers for the bike,etc...then the post gets yanked by the staff as that's against the rules and causes butthurt.

That being said,I'll allow it unless it goes in a different direction. Pics would be helpful in determining a fair price

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I completely understand.
While I sit here recovering from double knee surgery, it will be a while before I can get pictures.
That being said, hopefully I can gain some information from this post to at least get a range of what is fair.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
How bad is the damage to the fairings and which pieces are damaged? Paint work still OEM Suzuki? And which color scheme is it,blue/white or red/blue/silver?

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Hi,

Where r u based the USA ? cant be the UK as finding an 86 1100 with 5k miles would be nigh on impossible and would be very desirable for some one restoring it back to concours condition,and prices especially for the "Scabby Slabbies"have risen nicely the last few years.

Dont sell yourself short regarding the Kn,jet kit and exhaust that over here would be as good as stock(having the standard exhaust as well would help though)

As for the fairing panels loads online and not dear either,i should know I've got an 87 Blue\White and "Patina" 1100 that I've had sitting under a tarp since 2000,20k miles still sitting on an RGV250 USD front end with risers and renthal bars,and a 94 Bimota SB6 rear wheel and disc,its not aged well under the tarp although all the stock parts are in the loft

Reckon you'll get a lot more for yours than I will for mine,

Wish you good luck ... and I feel your pain (Knee)my friend !!

Sandro

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
White and blue
Fairing has hairline crack up by the wind screen.
A round spot ground down sliding down the road on its right side.

Thank you for the knee sympathy! I guess I should sell my G+S Fiberflex and my surfboards next.
I'm in NY

·
FBH Operator
3,026 Posts
Where are you located?

US, Canada, UK, Australia?

That also has a bearing on price.

Here in Australia, I'd say about $4k-$4.5K.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts