Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally figured it out... my srad is 1996 not 1999 as i thought!!! i hate a little the guy who sold it to me but...the bike runs very nice and i`m happy!!!The `96 is carburator not injection!
Any problems with this model? Any weak points? What must i watch closely?I got to get used to high rpm`s and little vibes at high speed...Something else dunno for now...
But u can tell me!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
What do u mean?
what he means is it should say it in the paperwork of your bike or if there are still the oem sticker on your frame it should say it there, but don`t you already know ? because i think a saw a second post about that and when it still has carbs its the older version, not sure about the year now

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the paperwork says it`s 1995---they made a mistake---...so...i had to figure if it`s carburator or injection...i figured it now that it`s 1996 and it`s carburator!!!

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
the paperwork says it`s 1995---they made a mistake---...
Don't think so - it's normal for next year's models to come out at the end of the year. For example my van is a '96 but was first registred in December '95.

Either way, the guy that told you it was a '99 is an asshole. Don't hope you paid more for it because of that...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
U are right...he is an asshole!!! the bike is 1996 but was first registred in 1999...so it stood for 3 years...the bike is nice and runs also very nice...though under 5000 rpm is dead...after 5000 it runs like hell!!! i just love it!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts