Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have an FI warning light on my GSX600R 2007 that stays. After running the test to check
for error the test showed the C00 code which says there are no defects on the bike. Does anyone have any clues what other reason the light stays on and the "FI" signal flashes?

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,438 Posts
You must not be performing the code check correctly. When FI is displayed, put the bike in dealer mode to retrieve the code WITHOUT turning off the bike.

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,911 Posts
If you turn your ignition off, the code clears. You need to leave the ignition on and put it in dealer mode

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That right. This was dealer mode was test I perform already to get error code "C00". which mean no fault or defect with bike. Why my question is why FI flash and red light on other time when run engine on bike?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That right. This was dealer mode was test I perform already to get error code "C00". which mean no fault or defect with bike. Why my question is why FI flash and red light on other time when run engine on bike?
Is other problem like electrical that cause warning light to flash for no reason.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,776 Posts
You say "FI" flashes. Does it actually alternate with the coolant temperature? If so, what is the displayed temperature?

Will the engine run? If so, start it up, wait for the red LED and FI/coolant temperature to be displayed. Then, without turning the engine off, put it in dealer mode. Report here what happens.

P.S. This is the 1000 forum. 600/750's have their own forum.

·
3,911 Posts
If you're getting a flash FI light, you need to pull over and put it into dealer mode while the engine is still running.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not so easy the fix. Error C46 is fault. The part need replacing is "ENGINE MOTOR CAM CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR". I see on ebay is affordable but where to fit not know and need help please. Even small description of it's function would be nice.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Can you tell where about located on bike and what function it serve, or what noteable lack in performance it produce? And where to buy part (for 2007 GSX600R). Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Does anybody know if with the Yoshimura muffler this bike is meant to splutter a lot on low rpm coasting or downshifting?

·
3,911 Posts
Short answer: yes. It always does it, it’s just more noticeable with an aftermarket exhaust

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I just started riding the bigger engine bike from the small class. I still finding range for timing of downshift when braking. Sometimes I get good timing sometimes not so good. With this type of exhaust I find it when my timing goes it takes a long time to get back because it makes the bike very unstable especially through shorter sections of the road.

I would guess theses exhausts are better suited for faster speed riding.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts