Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed dyno jet quick shifter on my 2011 1000 track bike. Everything functions perfectly, but when I was shifting through the gears the Fi light came on. Once I got back to garage and turned bike off, I restarted it no light. Any ideas what is causing the light to come on during shifts, what could I do to fix the problem. Bike runs fine even though light is on, I'm just anal about that kinda of stuff and was wondering if anyone had any ssuggestions. Thanks in advance.

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
When the light comes on, put it in dealer mode without turning off the bike or the code is lost. Search dealer mode for how-to.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Use the paperclip method to get the code. With most of these newer gixxers it usually turns out to be the set valve throwing random lights. Not sure why it would randomly flick on after a shifter install tho. Did you check all hoses and connections while you had the bike apart?

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
you need to shorten up your shift kill time to keep from throwing the light it may still do it once in awhile. (especialy when shifting at and hitting the limmiter)

btw make sure you are on the correct wires to check the code if not you could pop the ecu
i have seen it happen. (the switch is the correct way)

jason

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have shortened the kill time to 35ms and still getting the light. I will try putting in dealer mode to see what code is. Thanks for the help guys. Would having the ecu flashed help. Is having it flashed worth it? Yalls thoughts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts