Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
stem stand for gps mount is 13mm and dropeed right in. speedohealer plugged right in and works great (speedo is way off by gps), pc3 plugged righ tin but was a little more involved than previous years and other bikes i have done but overall very easy to install and didn't require removeal of tge gas tank. zero gravity DB screen bolted right on is much better than stock but pain in the @ss to install with the turn signals wires running through the mirrors. had to remove speedo to unplug signals to remove the windscreen. also a dishonerable mention goes out to the very hard to remove fairings. but i love the bike so far. full akra on the way (maybe here this week but i am not counting on it)

·
Registered
149 Posts
rg13, ZG double buggle or puig? what's your opinion

·
Registered
466 Posts
also a dishonerable mention goes out to the very hard to remove fairings.
I second that vote!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rg13, ZG double buggle or puig? what's your opinion
i have had both and i like the ZG. but i prefer it for the looks. very happy with the fit/ finish/ appearance for the 05

·
Registered
149 Posts
rs13, how do they differ?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
full akra just arrived and i should have time in the next several days to install it. pics when i am done. oh yeahhhhh

·
Registered
10 Posts
whats up that zg double bubble screen can you post some pics?? also for what you said about unpluging the mirrors, just reach under the guage cluster and you will find the lil plugs, i just removed the mirrors off of my friends bike yesterday he just got his new k5 too.... i made the mistake of removing my front fairing to remove the mirrors, and i do have to say the fairings are a pain in the a$$ to remove all that overlapping stuff sucks.......i scratched my side fairing trying to get it off of my bike to install the hids.........

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Weird.....

I didn't think the fairings were anything out of the ordinary....Each side comes off in under 2 minutes
+1

......and besides it is soooo easy to change the filter with out removing the fairing this year
i prob did it wrong because the owners book shows just a few screws but i ended up with way more than that. seems that everything was attached to everything and i ended up taking both sides off.

·
Registered
334 Posts
i prob did it wrong because the owners book shows just a few screws but i ended up with way more than that. seems that everything was attached to everything and i ended up taking both sides off.
Easiest way is to pull the 2 pop fasteners on the Left (Clutch) side of the bike that hold the Oilcooler Grill to the left Fairing. Once those are pulled there are just 4 6mm allens that hold the fairing on the bike. Leaving the oil cooler grill attached to the right fairing is the best way I've found for taking them off.

·
Registered
379 Posts
stem stand for gps mount is 13mm and dropeed right in. speedohealer plugged right in and works great (speedo is way off by gps), pc3 plugged righ tin but was a little more involved than previous years and other bikes i have done but overall very easy to install and didn't require removeal of tge gas tank. zero gravity DB screen bolted right on is much better than stock but pain in the @ss to install with the turn signals wires running through the mirrors. had to remove speedo to unplug signals to remove the windscreen. also a dishonerable mention goes out to the very hard to remove fairings. but i love the bike so far. full akra on the way (maybe here this week but i am not counting on it)
Is that GPS as in NAVIGATION? If so what type of nav system did you mount? Thanks >> Tony

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is that GPS as in NAVIGATION? If so what type of nav system did you mount? Thanks >> Tony
i use it for navigation and real time speed and top speed recording. i run a garmin extrax legend. i will post pics later tonight if you want. the etrex is small and easy to use and holds top speed, distance traveled, stopped and moving time, maps, paths, elevation and a few other goodies.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: few accessories up for review for k5.

more images to follow as they when it is done.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

also offering for sale the fender eliminater but i can't log into the classified section and it won't send me my password again?? sorry for attempting to offer for sale any parts without following the forum rules. i think i saw somewhere that a donation was required..?? (no problem doing that $$) but i can't find where or how much is needed. this seems to be a great forum for the gsxr owners. anyone know anything about this ina little more detail? pm me if wanted with the info. thanks in advance.

·
Highly unstable
32,025 Posts

you can make a donation to [email protected] via paypal. minimum donation of $10 for access to the classifieds. just save your copy of your paypal receipt and send it to me (you can do it through a pm on this site since my email junk mail setting is pretty high), and ill get you set up with a red r in no time. also be sure to include your username when making the donation so we know who you are. otherwise we have no idea who its from. thanks

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

you can make a donation to [email protected] via paypal. minimum donation of $10 for access to the classifieds. just save your copy of your paypal receipt and send it to me (you can do it through a pm on this site since my email junk mail setting is pretty high), and ill get you set up with a red r in no time. also be sure to include your username when making the donation so we know who you are. otherwise we have no idea who its from. thanks
sending paypal now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts