Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you guys(and hot girls) with the Akrapovic like it? I've heard the sound clip and it sounds nice on that 600, I'm probably putting it on my 750... anyone else done that yet? Any owners have any good things/bad things to say about it? Performance? Sound?
Thanks for any input

Get Out of THE WAY!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I installed said pipe on my bike last night and after 100+ miles I can say I am very impressed with the looks and sound of the Akra. The exhaust note is indeed deeper and slightly louder then stock which was exactly what I was looking for. I had a 1st Gen Two Brothers pipe on before the Akra and I found it to be annoyingly loud and attracted too much attention. All in all if you dont mind the fact that it is not a short GP style pipe you should be satisfied. If you are looking for a loud pipe this is not the pipe for you.

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
shit my akro is pretty loud. its louder then my friends and his on on a GSXR 1000...

I love mine I think it is the best pipe out for our bikes right now.

Another upside to it is if you lowside, the can will actually protect your tail fairing, dont ask how I know:punk

·
Registered
211 Posts
I've had mine for a few hundred miles now, and absolutely love it. Mine's pretty damn loud compared to stock, with a nice deep sound to it. It felt like it added some power, how much exactly i'm not sure. I have gotten plenty of compliments on it from the guys I ride with.

Hey raced, they make a repair kit for it, so you can make it look all nice a pretty again :D . Didn't know if you knew.

·
Registered
45 Posts
my akra is much louder than stock, it did backfire a little but after some time on the dyno and a yoshi box everything is sorted. its now making 134.9hp at the wheel. i think the bmc filter helps it a bit too.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have had mine for close to two months and I love it. Sound is just right to me. A bit louder, but also a bit deeper too as everyone else has said. Mine also pops and backfires a bit, but a PCIII is gonna be ordered shortly, as well as a BMC filter

I gave 475 for mine shipping and all. :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
You guys are gettin ready to get hammered for not doing a search, but since I am in a good mood...

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
I installed my own, took less than an hour. It's a pretty simple install.

Remove the fairings (both sides). Loosen the three bolts holding the stock muffler (2 left side, 1 right side), Loosen the clamp on the header. Remove remaining bolts and remove the muffler.

Apply Akrapovic copper anti-seize to new clamp and clamp bolt. Install link pipe onto header with clamp, install retention spring (at this pooint it's easier NOT to tighten the clamp, so you can make sure the pipe is rotated in the right position when installing muffler).

Install hanger bracket. Slide muffler clamp over muffler and install muffler onto the link pipe using two rentention springs. After lining everything up, tighten it all down and reinstall your fairings.

It's really easy. :)

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Since Im the only one taht crashed with one of these bad boys on I will show you how well it held up. The only thing tat broke was the exhaust clamp around the end can. I did manage to bend the mid pipe but its more of a dent.:hammer

·
Registered
145 Posts
Sorry to hijack the thread, but DaedalusX54....what kind of camera did you use for the pics? They are sharp as hell!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.