Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FastCat.....I\'m still "legally insane"

OK, I give up.....I _CANNOT_ do that 'sanity test' link on your website for 60 seconds without laughing. It just catches me and cracks me up every time. If I don't think back to my kids when they were young, I think of MYSELF

That is just so wonderfully twisted.... I love it.

Check out her website....or if just want a fast giggle: http://www.tekzoned.com/instest/

PS: ok, while twisted in her own way, my wife is sane. Damn....how do I con her out of toys for Xmas???
Mind you, she has been listening to the soundtrack on and off for two days
!!!!

[ 12-16-2002, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: bcjohn ]

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Re: FastCat.....I\'m still "legally insane"

I still laugh every time I think of that...

...course I liked "song of the sausage creature" too...

and I *did* learn to ride two-strokes and still have trouble looking at bikes with oil in the crankcases as *real* racebikes...

bbbrrrrinnnnng-ding-ding-bi-di-bom-bim-bom...

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Sheeeee-it! Oh, and the Wet Leather link - excellent. It put me onto the Denizens of Doom website - I dot my DoD number about ten years ago while trolling the usenet on 2400 baud. What a hilarious band of maniacs!! Got into that shit back when I still had a ....(gag)...BMW...oh the shame...oh the warranty...oh the downtime!

Hey, I've got some years on ya kiddo
....I unfortunately remember when the Brits used to make 2 strokes as 'functional' motors. Da....ding...dah....ding.....dah...ding! It took the Japs to bring out screaming bringida..da.bring..bring and a powerband about as wide as the pointy end of a pizza

Oh,...here is one for ya...in one of Mr. Gixxer's Japanese mags: Castrol synth 2 stroke oil, advertised as having "Race Odor". Ya gotta love it. Sort of like me pouring little bits of Castrol R in my Norton's gas tank so I could get that roadrace smell at the stoplights - NUTZ

·
Registered
622 Posts

I love my 2 stroke's. There's nothing like a bike you have to tune, clean and rebuild once a month

Just finished puting the FZR running gear on the RZ 350. Can't wait to ride it

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Originally posted by fightin-ry:
I love my 2 stroke's. There's nothing like a bike you have to tune, clean and rebuild once a month

Just finished puting the FZR running gear on the RZ 350. Can't wait to ride it

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

·
Registered
3,895 Posts

I subscribed to the wetleather list for a short time... even met some of the folks at Jillian's one night... but I can't keep up with the volume of stuff that gets posted there... when I got to be about 50 lists behind, I gave up.

Ry, I always wanted to fit FZR wheels to my rz... but the fzr's were still new and sought-after when I was racing, not a dime-a-dozen like they are these days ... My rz would smoke a lot of bigger bikes on the track though... they ran us out with the 883 sportsters back when they had a dedicated class for that in AMA CCS and I used to *love* catching those guys in the carousel and then feeding them some oily exhaust down the front straight
I always always had trouble getting my rz to turn-in though... that 18" front was a pain... and you'd *think* that anything that would twitch and wobble like that damn yamaha would turn quickly, but I'm here to tell ya that they don't. It'd be interesting to see if the FZR stuff helps that. I can tell ya that the `91 front-end and the 750 swingarm on my 1100 makes that thing turn a *lot* faster... it's like a different bike now.

·
Registered
622 Posts

From what I understand it's going to handle like the FZR did. I didn't mind the stock ride, I had buddies that said that it didn't feel safe, thought it was going to low side in the corners. I guess it's just rider abilty and lack of tire width(rear is smaller than most sport fronts)that scare's most. I guess that now there's a 150 on the rear all the fun sliding though the corners is gone. At least I got real brakes.

I may get on the track in 04 when I get my 74 GT550 ready. The vintage racing sounds fun and cheap. I'll see though, I've been building my two GT's for three years now. I don't think they will ever be finished.....I got the 1100 to play with now!!!!

·
Registered
671 Posts

My whole office is insane. I made the mistake of clicking the link while I was there.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts

Originally posted by fightin-ry:
From what I understand it's going to handle like the FZR did. I didn't mind the stock ride, I had buddies that said that it didn't feel safe, thought it was going to low side in the corners. I guess it's just rider abilty and lack of tire width(rear is smaller than most sport fronts)that scare's most. I guess that now there's a 150 on the rear all the fun sliding though the corners is gone. At least I got real brakes.

I may get on the track in 04 when I get my 74 GT550 ready. The vintage racing sounds fun and cheap. I'll see though, I've been building my two GT's for three years now. I don't think they will ever be finished.....I got the 1100 to play with now!!!!

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The rz might surprise you... I was running 3.5" Dunlop slicks on the rear of mine on the stock wheel back in the day... and it would "drift" the rear over bumpy corner exits pretty easily. It really depends on how much/what kind of motor work you have done to it. I was getting 65-70 HP at the rear wheel on mine and back then that was a lot. I understand that the Banshee motors are very similar to the rz's and the shifter-kart guys are getting 70-75 outta those things these days.

·
Registered
671 Posts

Seems like the rz pic might be more appropriate for the soundtrack than the Ferrari F1 car...

·
Registered
1,103 Posts

I loved my RD350LC when it was running ok,................god those things blow up so easily
. Had one again in a pathetic attempt at recapturing my youth a few years back but they don't move so fast anymore........fully synthetic 2 stroke oil is the best smell ever.....

I used to enjoy just smelling the start line at local races, oh the memmories, am I really 36 already !

Andy

·
Registered
622 Posts

FC- I hope your right. The motor that's in it has mild mods. I got a second motor that I'm going to build someday, I'd like to get 60-70 HP out of it and maybe spray it.

Andy- I've been beating the piss out of mine for 4 years and it's still tight, what did you do wrong??

·
Registered
1,103 Posts

dunno, seemed to give up on me.............it wasn't the same 15 years later but did get me back onto the road after taking a fews 'out' on crossers after a big off on the road, circumstance changes etc you know the stuff.

The crank gave up in the end and then I bought the Gixxer, 4 1/2 years ago i never looked back. Sold it in pieces 4 years ago when we moved

Andy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts