Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GM and Phaedrus you guys amped or what? 6 more days and we're at Shannonville!!!
I can't wait, it's been so damn long since I signed up and I'm so stoked for it to arrive. Ohhhhh Johnny, I'm so excited

Anyone else get this excited or am I being a total retard?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Ya I'm starting to get pretty keen. Really looking forward to it. Hopefully our rainy season will be done and we will have some good weather. I've never been on a track before so it will be an eye opener. How is the knee doing?

·
Registered
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have my fingers crossed for a gorgeous hot day too ... I'd hate for it to rain, but I'm sure I'll still have loads of fun regardless

The knee is doing way better now, but it still gets really stiff after long rides. As long as it keeps warm and I keep it stretched I should be ok - thanks for asking.

I'm thinking of going up the day before and staying up at a hotel. I really want to avoid the 4:30am departure from my house just to make it there on time. Are you and your lady planning on it? Let me know and I can start trying to arrange hotels if need be.

I'm happier then a kid on a shopping spree in a toy store. 2nd time on a track and I can't wait!

·
Registered
267 Posts
We are heading out Monday. We are staying in Belleville. It is the beginning of a 2 week eastern trip for us so we are staying Monday night and Tuesday night after the school.

·
Registered
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well done

I'm actually online looking for some hotels right now in Belleville ... my friends insist on driving up the morning of - not going to happen for me, I need my beauty sleep ... er I mean riding sleep, yeah that's it, riding sleep.

Ok so how are we going to tell who's who then? Hah I know, when the instructor asks if there are any questions I'll promptly raise my hand up and ask: "who's gmguy and phaedrus"

·
Registered
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Doh just saw your PM, I'll call them asap and book a room for myself

I'll let ya know what's up

·
Registered
248 Posts
Tyg said:
Ok so how are we going to tell who's who then? Hah I know, when the instructor asks if there are any questions I'll promptly raise my hand up and ask: "who's gmguy and phaedrus"
LOL

I was looking for you tonight at Roxxannes!!!! Thought you might be there!
See ya on TUESDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Phaedrus said:
Tyg said:
LOL

I was looking for you tonight at Roxxannes!!!! Thought you might be there!
See ya on TUESDAY!!!!!!!!!!!
Are you serious?? Oh man, I was out rock climbing at that time and thought about heading over to Roxannes, but I finished up pretty late and bailed out on the idea. Man it would have been cool to meet you both before hand, but as you said Tuesday

·
Registered
267 Posts
The 5 day forecast is looking pretty sweet so hopefully we will have some good weather. I haven't seen that many suns on the extended forecast yet this year.

·
Registered
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've been checking every day
Sad I know!

·
Registered
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I KNEW it I f****** knew it ARGH

I swear GOD must have it in for me, he absolutely must. F****** holy hell ... rain, it's supposed to rain
Just 1 damn day is all I asked for, just one bloody nice day

Rant over *sigh*

Oh yeah I'll be wearing a blue tensor bandage on my left knee - just look for that and you'll know it's me

·
Registered
267 Posts
Tyg
Did you have a look at the CD of photos yet? We were having Michel mail ours so we didn't have to cart them around out east with us and they haven't shown up yet. Anything any good?

Oh and did you have to wait at the hospital long for the guy that ended his day prematurely?

·
Registered
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah i did actually!! The photos are pretty good, some good shots of myself, but none of me dragging my knee damn it. There were several of yourself and Phaedrus as well, but I decided not to post them. I figured having your permission would be a good idea

We waited about an hour for him to get all done ... final diagnosis; broken humerus, broken collar bone, 2nd degree shoulder separation, broken wrist. All that from a 40km/h highside ... OUCH. Poor kid is doing ok and is working - too bad his summer is over though

FAST School is awesome everyone, I recommend you do it!
Oh and I got to meet 2 GDC members which was totally cool. How Phaedrus picked me out before I even came over is beyond me

·
Registered
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Remember when it started raining out towards the last 2 sessions? Well that hairpin turn, I believe turn 5 or 6 where it goes from asphalt to concrete back to asphalt again - well he just highsided and forgot to let go of the handle bars. The bike catapulted him right into the concrete landing him on this left side and well you know the rest ... According to the flag judge at the corner, he said he never got on the gas at all, it was just enough to toss him.
Did you see his helmet? It was completely ruined *shudder*

·
Registered
248 Posts
Tyg said:
How Phaedrus picked me out before I even came over is beyond me
Well you were just exactly how I had pictured you in my head.....and judging by all your posts I knew you would be the guy who was smiling the biggest!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts