Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i was out for a ride, and i havent ridden the bike for a while (damn rain
)

so, i'm on this road and i'm pullin a couple wheelies, i see that my tach is reaching 13k rpms when i'm not careful
I dont really rev it to the redline too much, when i am hammering i shift around 11k, and when i'm cruising it's normally around 7-8k.

she's got 17k miles on her, a kerker full system, and nothing else.

now the problem, i was sitting at a stop sign (after doing said wheelies and reaching 13k rpms) and i notice that the bike is idleing at around 3000 rpms, it's never done this unless it was choked when i warm it up. the bike was completely warmed up when i was beatin on it, i had been riding around for about 20 mins before that, not really doing anything harsh to it, other than some roll-ons from 70-90..

What is happening?? i'd like to know so i can get it all fixed up and i might sell her
so i can afford a new car/motorcycle.

You think my throttle cable stuck (throttle response is fine, exactly as before but now from 3000 rpms). choke isnt on, because i tried pullin it out and it did what it normally does..

Float sticking?? I have a jet kit that i've been meaning to put in it for a while, maybe if i have to check the carbs i'll put it in (stage 1)

Help me, it's the first time it's been nice in like 3 weeks, and now i cant ride

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
turn the idle adjustment down some that should help.
you may have jarred something when returning to earth after one wheel mine did but it was the shock resivouir. that got caught in the back tire.!!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Could be a sticky throttle cable or stuck butterfly mechanism or even a butterfly itself.

First try to adjust the idle down. If it doesn't come down then something is stuck

Pull the tank off and make sure the mechanism is returning. Lube the cable. If still a problem the carbs have to come off. Then it will be obvious.

·
Registered
303 Posts
id it only do this on that day? or still do it afterwards? if only on that day... most likely a sign ur motor gettin a bit hot..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts