Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey every1, this has happened a few times already and was wonderin if any1 else has experieneced it aswell. Occasionally when i shift into Neutral, i'll get the green light but when i let the clutch out, apparently, the bike is still in gear. is this normal or somethin i should start lookin into when i bring my bike in for its 600 mile service next week?

Thanx in advance

Jared

·
PM me for Brotection
57,513 Posts
I had that happen once. I let the clutch out and the bike died. D'oh! I guess it's just a freak thing, I put it in neutral again, fired up and haven't seen it happen since.

·
Registered
297 Posts
i've been lucky enough not to see it and i've got some miles on my bike, but i'll look out for it from now on.

·
Registered
528 Posts
NEVER TRUST THE LIGHT!!! THE LIGHT IS YOUR ENEMY!!

Seriously, you should always act like the gun is loaded and always assume the bike is in gear. No excuses

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm glad I read this... and you guys just scared me... now I will always have to check.

·
Premium Member
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hear dat!!!! now when ever i go into Neutal, i let the clutch out jsut enuff to see if its still in gear or not....

By teh way, i noticed that i only get the false neutral when dowshiftin to it as oppesed to upsiftin from 1st..yall know what i mean....i still have the dealer check it out dis week when i take it in for her 1st service.

·
Registered
649 Posts
its happened to me twice. but i thought i just didnt get it all the way into neutral. shifted into first then back into N and it hasnt been a prob since.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.