Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my insurance renewal, and its $2010.00 for just liability
. All I got to say is fuck insurance/govt. 1st year it was $1100.00 than last year $1400.00 and now $2010.00. No tickets, no claims. Ontario insurance is fucked up bad, how can ppl afford this shit. This being said, where can I get some fake slips or how can I copy/modify my insurance slips. Anyone got links?

·
Registered
163 Posts
That's robbery! Sorry to hear that. Fake slips.... What happens if you get stopped and they run them? I would've figured that with the 600 bike it would be cheap insurance. Can you go with an outside insurance company? Got a wife/family? Maybe that'll help. All else fails, move out to the gap! Cheap insurance here, but terrible roads.

Hope you find something that works.

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Fuck, that is pretty steep. That is crazy considering it is really not a full year of riding either. How old are you? And no tickets, violations or convictions? Jeez, I guess I should consider myself lucky paying $350/year full coverage on a 01 750. I'm down on the east coast so I think it is overall much cheaper down here not to mention the government legislated rollbacks in premiums but I really thought I would not see it on my motorcycle policy. I'm willing to bet it will go up a bit this year now that their little mandatory rollback has been satisfied. I'd almost look at doing the track bike thing instead of risking driving with fake slips. Good luck, I hope you get it sorted out, perhaps try a few different companies.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm 28, I think everyelse in Canada is fine except Ontario. 2grand for 5 months max of riding, if somebody steals it, i'm outta luck, if i crash it i'm outta luck. Now i know why so many ppl are riding without insurance, its robbery. I would love to be law abiding and get insurance, but these prices are getting fuckin ridiculous.

·
Registered
622 Posts
State Farm is the only company to go with. No matter what broker you go with, there's a chance that there eather with Kingsway or Jevco and there doing all the robbing. I'm 26 and only paying $1200 for my 1100.

·
Registered
11,565 Posts
You do know what the fine is for not having insurance to begin with right?? Now add forgery and fraud to that fine and your ass will be in jail with tens of thousands of dollars not including lawyer fees.

Remember insurance is not only there to protect your property, it also comes into play if/when you hit a family van filled with kids. Insurance will help save your ass when you need to pay out in damages caused by the accident.

I do understand where you're coming from though dude, but asking for illegal advice here on the on the internet is a BAD idea. You do realize there are cops on this board right? *hint*hint*

Who is your insurance company? I'm 27 with no claims/tickets and I pay approximately $60/mth under state farm for my bike. If you're clean as you claim, they will take you in a heart beat ... BUT you must bring your car over as well. I pay under $150/mth for both my car and bike.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no insurance ticket is 5k but when you take it to court they will drop it to 1k. The chances of me crashing into another car being my fault will be very low but I understand shit can happen. The govt. has to understand that making insurance unaffordable will NOT deter ppl from riding, it will just make them ride without insurance plain & simple.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I don't usually post over here, only because I'm in the states, but I noticed insurance and it caught my eye being that I work in the insurance industry right now. All I have to say is pull your head out of your azz!

I'm with fightin-ry and Tyg... State Farm is the way to go with bike insurance, or any form of auto insurance for that matter. I'm a 22 yr old female with not such a clean driving record (speeding tickets and I just got nailed last month and possibly totaled my car.) I have a couple good things going for me being that I'm a girl, I just passed the over 21 insurance break, and I have a kid, which qualifies me for a "married discounted rate."
Currently I have 2- 2001 GSX-R 1000's, a GS-500, a 96- Thunderbird, and my renters insurance on my State Farm account and I'm only paying $198.00 (and it will be going down in March) a month. I have full coverage on everything, with 250 and 500 dollar deductibles on the bikes and the car.

The more you have on account the better rate you will get.

If you can get your girlfriend or wife to put your bike on her insurance you'll get a great rate. I have my ex's bike (whom I have a kid with) on my insurance and he gets not only the break for the kid, but the break because it's on my insurance. He just pays me the premium increase for his bike.

You're probably throwing around the idea that you wont be covered when you ride your bike, or that she doesn't have an endorsement.... get this... you don't insure an individual, you insure an automobile. So don't worry! If all else fails get a bunch of your boys together and insure a group of bikes. You'll be surprised at what kind of rates you can get. But whatever you do, don't go with those "strictly motorcycle/ motorsport" insurance companies. They'll bend you over and fuck you in the ass.

·
Registered
11,565 Posts
2000GSR said:
no insurance ticket is 5k but when you take it to court they will drop it to 1k. The chances of me crashing into another car being my fault will be very low but I understand shit can happen. The govt. has to understand that making insurance unaffordable will NOT deter ppl from riding, it will just make them ride without insurance plain & simple.
Several of my friends decided to do what you did and guess what? They were pulled over, issued a fine of $5000 for not producing insurance, plus had their bikes towed back home. They took it to court and you're right they were decreased ... to $2000 from $5000.

The only other times I've ever seen a fine decreased for not producing proper proof of insurance is if it is your first offense OR if you are currently umemployed - even then, the fines still amounted to approximately $2000 - that right there is your insurance coverage.

I understand your argument and agree with you completely. Check out State Farm, they're a great company to deal with and are very fair.

·
Registered
436 Posts
re register the bike, find an old folks home and befriend one of the rogue old dudes, that is what my friend did but with his grandpa lol
A 79 year old on the title and insurance for a 03 750 lmfao
he was included as additional driver and he pays 51 a month full cover.
do it with some geezer family member maybe?
good luck, fuck the insurance industry, they lobby crooked politicians and they are in bed with the STATE to squeeze every last cent out of you.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Here's the thing to think about.......If you get into a accident that's yours or the other persons falt and you get injuerd bad, your screwed. Do you have enuff money saved to pay bills for 6 months or the rest of your life while your in a bed or chair. What about the other lives you affect by not having insurance? I've been hit in my truck by a asshole without ins, I put out $2500 in repairs and got nothing from the other guy(I've been making his life misserable for the past 2 years and I'm not going to stop ether).

You have to pay to play

Here's the info to my guy, you don't need a car to get insurance from him, just a clean record. If I was to go with a different company, I would pay $2000+ a year for the same coverage.

David McConeghy
1-905-945-4807

Be smart!!!!!!
Cheers

(Sorry for the spelling......I'm a level zero)

·
Banned
1,979 Posts
2000GSR said:
Also, if someone happens to hit YOU and THEY were completely at fault, what are you going to do when the cops arrive at the scene and you can't produce valid insurance? It's the other people you have to be worried about too

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
crazy2wheeler said:
2000GSR said:
Also, if someone happens to hit YOU and THEY were completely at fault, what are you going to do when the cops arrive at the scene and you can't produce valid insurance? It's the other people you have to be worried about too
Unfortunately these are risks you have to take.

·
Registered
338 Posts
im 26, got 03gix750, paid 1500 last year for onw way, now they want 2100. It spells one thing for me, HIT AND RUN. I can't pay that much and why did it go up??? by over 25% too. I will ride with no insurance if i wont find anything cheaper. Oh and about the fake insurance, they can run the papers as much as the want and still wont find out but story changes when u have a accident. The whole claim thing comes into play, thats how they find out. I got my papers ready
)) The once you need are empty and you fill them out, take it to DMV and get plates on them (don't forget to renew them, only valid for 30days, ull need more than one
) now when the cop check it, it all checks out at DMV and no problemo. my friend does it every year and even gets tickets on it
As for cops reading it right now, big deal, they know this is happening and its no news to them. Can't do anything about it couse when they check papers they're good. I will go step further and print the slip for myself when i get the empty. SCREW Ontario Insurance, I am willing to pay but this is bull whats going on right now. They're being a dicks... I can be a a dick too

·
Registered
22 Posts
Man I'm glad to be back in BC, after a couple of years in Ontario. With State Farm and my Cavalier it was 180 a month the first year, the next year it was 190, and the last year they tried to nail me for 240. No tickets, hell, not even any pull overs... Now the car is like 105 a month and I got my 750 quoted at under 1400 for the year with basic and with comprehensive without vandalism. GO WEST COAST!!

·
Registered
11,565 Posts
I just don't understand how everyone has such shitty ass insurance if you guys claim your records to be so clean??

I pay literally nothing!

·
Registered
21 Posts
you think you have it bad?? I would be paying $5100/yr if i had taken primmums renewal offer. That's LESS then what i was quoted for last year as well.

·
Registered
46 Posts
thats not bad, i DID pay $3150 for last year, assholes. thats my hard earned money just to ride for a few months. and you people who say go to statefarm, its not as easy as you think. they wouldnt take me because i have two tickets (both 15 over) but my buddy is clean and all the brokers he called said they were not taking any new clients. that was last year, i dont know if its changed since then.

·
Registered
11,565 Posts
Statefarm in Ontario will only take riders with clean records AND if they bring their car over too. They also impose a 10 client max per season rule (I THINK that's what my agent said) as well. If you call them up by March, you won't have a problem getting insurance by april/may.

I don't blame them for imposing these rules, I wouldn't take anyone that has a bad driving record either, especially if they plan on riding a motorcycle. But denying someone insurance for having a ticket that does not penalize based on points (15 over) is ridiculous.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts