Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i changed my oil today for my bikes 600 mile service with no problemes except for one thing. All the bolts came out of the fairing fine, but it was those 3 damn black plastic things at the bottom of the fairing that gave me the hardest time. I used a screw driver to pry them out and once i was done put them back in with little to no problems at all. My question is, are those black fasteners a one time use thing?? Or is there a special tool i should use to get them off. I was pulling with all my might to get a few of um off and i thought i was about to break the plastics a few times. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
212 Posts
i just stuck a flathead screwdriver in the little opening and twisted the fastner open, didnt seem too hard

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
haha they are a peice of cake. evidently your new so let me help you out, so you can do it a little better.

you have various screws on your bike. There are a few you'll come across as you get more and more curious about what makes your bike tick. As for right now....

Removing all fairings. For the basic ones right now and the three on the bottom (which u'll find in other places as well) use two flat head screw drivers under the 2 gaps on opposite sides of the head. U might have to get under their and see them. Twist the screw driver to seperate the head of the fastener and the body. They will seperate and easily come out of your fairing.

There are also little push fasteners as well. They have a small circular head inside the man head. U'll find a lot of these along the underside of your tail section. Instead of prying these out, use a ball point pen, or small screw driver and push the inner head to it pops. Then u should be able to remove the entire thing out of the hole.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I think you are talking about them black push rivets? Well as stated above DO NOT TRY TO PRY THEM OUT! So for yelling. Just had a friend that thought he would try to figure it out on his own and end up cracking the shit out of his fairings. Push the middle of the plastic rivet and THEN take it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts