Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I just picked up a 2015 GSXR 600 and I’m wanting to add a full exhaust. The bike is currently bone stock with low miles. I’m wanting a Two Brothers full system but was curious as to whether I should get the whole system or if I should just keep the stock headers on, get a mid pipe(cat delete) and a slip on. Are factory headers as good as aftermarket headers? And I’m assuming I should get an ECU flash before having the exhaust installed? Thanks in advance for any help given.

·
Registered
227 Posts
The main advantage is weight, but they will flow better also, which means tuning. Most slip-ons don't unless you couple that with an air filter.
I wouldn't recommend Two Bros either.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice. Ill
Look into some other options. I was considering Leo Vince also, but ill do my research. I like the shorty mufflers, which is why I was considering Leo Vince and two brothers, I really dislike the large/long mufflers.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am currently rocking stock headers with mid pipe and a m4 gp slip-on. While I wouldn't necessarily recommend that particular pipe (unless you are looking to be THAT sport bike), I have no qualms with my setup and it saved me a ton of money. I had the mid pipe installed professionally as well as the PCV and all in with dyno tune it cost me around 1k. Less than a decent quality full system without a flash or tune. The one nice thing about keeping stock headers is that it doesn't mess with the emissions part. I never had to worry about any FI lights or anything with mine. The one thing I can say for sure is definitely make sure your flash/tune is good and custom to your bike specifically. I had a "close" map put on my bike after the cat delete and it was running SUPER lean on the dyno

1 - 7 of 7 Posts