Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's going on Gixxer family, 1st time poster and I've have my 1st oops moment ( I laid it down) lol. No real damage just minor cosmetic on my factory stator cover. It's not leaking oil, still runs great but I'm having trouble finding the actual cover and not the after market protector (bought one anyways to put over the replacement). Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance

· Registered
446 Posts
did you have frame sliders? I'm undecided to get them or not. I hear too many horror stories how they grab and flipped the bike up in the air for a tumble.

· Premium Member
1,496 Posts
Try ebay. Its hard to see how bad it is from the photo but i had the same thing happen. I just smoothed it out with sandpaper and spray painted it. Then put sliders on which covered my handiwork. If you do it carefully it will be very hard to notice. I am real fussy too.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
did you have frame sliders? I'm undecided to get them or not. I hear too many horror stories how they grab and flipped the bike up in the air for a tumble.
Not yet, I've heard similar stories so I'm just doing my homework on it for the time being
Try ebay. Its hard to see how bad it is from the photo but i had the same thing happen. I just smoothed it out with sandpaper and spray painted it. Then put sliders on which covered my handiwork. If you do it carefully it will be very hard to notice. I am real fussy too.
Thanks, I figured I could get by with that. It's really just scratches no more than 4-5mm deep. Plus I bought the GB racing stator cover which would cover up the handiwork anyways. Wasn't sure how the heat would effect the minor damage later down the road

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.