Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was very tempted to bid this afternoon on the factory shift kit on ebay.

Fortunately for me, the internet connection died and I was unable to bid. Shocked to see it ended at $41, when the list price on the factory website is $34.95!

See:
http://www.factorypro.com/Prod_Pages/prods09.html

BTW dwayne, I quote from your prev message:
"the standard shift kit comes with justa a spring and a gasket for $34.99 [ ...] the prices reflect a gixxer.com discount"

errr..... discount???

Anyway....

I couldn't stop thinking about the whole kit containing only a new oil pan gasket, 4 exhaust gaskets (header must be removed to get the oil pan off) and a spring. This must be stiffer than the OE. So if I pull the OE spring, say an extra cm and bend it again, it will be stiffer. Voila! Cost: $0.

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Check out Factorypro's web site and see if your model can get the 'pro' version of the shift kit. You get the requisite gasket, the spring and a much more hard core shift detent thingie.

It makes a diff in an already slick tranny.

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
lots of idiots on EBAY pay more than retail prices, i see it all the time. I've seen people pay more for used stuff than new stuff. Just be educated on what you are buying, there are a lot od deals and a lot of rip offs on ebay

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
my shop and like many others in this country buy from distributors like parts unlimited, tucker rocky, lockhart phillips, etc...not saying this is the case with factory but alot of companies will not sell directly(dealer)to shops like me...they rather sell 2500 units at a time to the big guys and the big guys sell it to the little guys like myself...so buying it directly from factory may be a few bucks off from lets say buying it from me...the suggested retail for the standard kit right out of parts unlimited catalog is $38.95...i was just trying to help...thanks!!

dwayne

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
my shop and like many others in this country buy from distributors like parts unlimited, tucker rocky, lockhart phillips, etc...not saying this is the case with factory but alot of companies will not sell directly(dealer)to shops like me...they rather sell 2500 units at a time to the big guys and the big guys sell it to the little guys like myself...so buying it directly from factory may be a few bucks off from lets say buying it from me...the suggested retail for the standard kit right out of parts unlimited catalog is $38.95...i was just trying to help...thanks!!

dwayne

1 - 7 of 7 Posts