Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well granted these should be smooth operations and simple tasks.

Needless to say the advancer would have been a snap it a tiny mounying screw didn't fall into a hole and end up in my motor (read about that in another thread).

So now for the little spring in the shift kit. What a bitch that little thing is to mount. Entire cluch has to be removed, another gear behind the clucht and then its still a bear to get the spring back sprung in its proper place. Looking at what should be a simple task, is a bunch of work for a damn little spring, it sure better work wonders!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
DAMN.......... I swear I was gonna buy a Factory shift kit Today!

Now I think I'll wait to see how yours goes...Good Luck

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well ill tell you what. With all said and done, yea the shift does feel stiffer. How much..that I coudln't tell you.

Honestly, I would not do this mod unless you already need to do an oil change and or replace your clutch. Just to do it, not worth it. But if you are doing the other stuff, time wise it wouldn't be too bad. Its not hard mechanics, just the sort of wrenching that you have to fidle fuck with a bit.

As for the ignition advancer, now that I have simmered down some and found my missing screw, it wasn't too bad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts