Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thecount said:
i think they just pull out and then just slide the new one's in.their must be some kind of directions.
Unfortunately no directions. I think they are somehow clampted to the throttle bodies but before I unbolt anything else I want to make sure from someone who has done the install already.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
undo the hose and wires from the bottom of the air box. use a long phillips to undo the bottom of the box from the tbs. its got 4 clamps, one on each tb. take out the bolt in the front of the box going into the frame. pull off the box and kinda squeeze out the stacks. theirs no glue or anything holding them on, just an internal rib so just squeeze them together and wiggle them out. im not sure how to put in the factory pro ones but im pretty sure they have directions on their site.

·
Registered
240 Posts
lol, i tried to install those on my k6 1000, but after realizing that you had to actually remove the air box, i took the bike in and had mechanic do it :D

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jeenis said:
lol, i tried to install those on my k6 1000, but after realizing that you had to actually remove the air box, i took the bike in and had mechanic do it :D
Yeah I can't figure out how to get the airbox off so I'm going to do the same.

·
Registered
86 Posts
SOURCE1064 said:
Yeah I can't figure out how to get the airbox off so I'm going to do the same.
omg its not that damn hard to take an airbox off.. take the two bolts off the tank in the front, prop itup, use a phillips screwdriver and take all the clamps loose, unhook all hoses and wired connected to airbox.. take it off.. then take the bolts on the airbox out.. open it up.

its step by step.. not hard

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Yep, its easy. Make sure you dont forget the screw in the very middle. No rocket science involved.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.