Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new at this bike mod stuff, so here goes. How do you remove the factory "mud flap" of a license plate holder so that I can put one of those eliminator kits on. I just want to get rid of the giant piece of plastic on the ass of my bike. If there is a write up or a book i could buy let me know. Oh, and I have an 05' gsxr 600.
~Chris

·
Registered
49 Posts
Did you even look at it? Its screwed on into the under tray (4 screws?).... just unscrew it. You'll have to cut the blinker wires to wire up the new blinkers, if you get them. You may have to drill a couple new holes for a new plate hanger too. Just use your head, its the most simple mod you will ever do, except a tank protector, but it makes the bike look twice as good!

not to be a dick but..... I feel like Capt. Obvious

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man, no love. I haven't even picked up the bike yet. I was just getting my ducks in a row before I went on an e-bay shopping spree! Thanks for the info though Capt.

·
Registered
915 Posts
you dont have to cut the wires, you can just pull them through...

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
you don't have to cut the wires, you can just pull them through...
Yes! Just unhook the harnesses from each other and out they come without cutting the wires. Unless you are not using the stock signals, then do what you want. 4 screws and the hideous flap is gone!

rob

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
You'll have to unhook the plate light too.

Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts