Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Facotry paint codes \'86 red and black

Hi all, looking to find the factory paint codes for my '86 in a black and red scheme. As I'm repainting my front lowers and upper back to stock.

Any ideas?

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
Re: Facotry paint codes \'86 red and black

nope, but I might sell my 88 1100 bodywork

the upper is crap but the mids and lowers are pretty good

·
Registered
448 Posts

The colors can be found at:

color rite

If the black is like mine on the 92 though it is NOT black... actually is really dark blue with metal flake which is a **** to match... i bought the clear and correct color from them in spray cans and it DOES NOT match... maybe if bought the colors and could spray on it professionally or if u have a compressor to spray it but it will not match from their spray can... my friend got his yellow to match perfect from them on his 99 GS500 but that does not have metal-flake in it.

·
Banned
3,509 Posts

I forgot how to read the coding, but the color codes are molded into the factory plastic by Suzuki.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thanks all. I know the 1100s had that dark metallic blue but I'm sure the 750s were black. No factory labels left on these parts I'm repainting. If it helps, here is the scheme I'm going with. Oh this is from an '85 by the way.

[ 10-31-2001: Message edited by: Bman ]</p>

·
Banned
3,509 Posts

It's not a label or sticker...it's actually molded in the plastic...it's almost like braille for a blind painter...should be in the area between the vent and the rear most edge of the mid-panel.

·
Registered
191 Posts

Tim,
Why did you post a rating of 1 on my account? and then block me from sending you a private message? Then remove your rating on here? you seem to be a prick. I could always call you and discuss this issue with you? I do have your phone number. I thought we dropped this issue and then you had to go and put a 1 rating on me. oh for you thinking right now that there is no way I got your number, well how about I take a guess at the prefix 246-?? now what you gonna do change your number? Didn't your parents ever teach you not to be a prick to people cause it may come back to haunt you someday.

·
Banned
11,514 Posts

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by miltonave:
Tim,
Why did you post a rating of 1 on my account? and then block me from sending you a private message? Then remove your rating on here? you seem to be a prick. I could always call you and discuss this issue with you? I do have your phone number. I thought we dropped this issue and then you had to go and put a 1 rating on me. oh for you thinking right now that there is no way I got your number, well how about I take a guess at the prefix 246-?? now what you gonna do change your number? Didn't your parents ever teach you not to be a prick to people cause it may come back to haunt you someday.
<hr></blockquote>

don't make me get pissed just because somebody didn't give you a fucking 5 star rating!

·
Registered
191 Posts

hey this guy is a prick.. and I don't deserve that! I am awaiting his answer to this! I offered free stuff to this board in the past matter of fact it was some ol oil cooled gixxer parts. I guess it would be called air cooled in this forum but you get the point! he started shit with me for no reason, and he is only 30 miles from my house

·
Banned
11,514 Posts

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by miltonave:
hey this guy is a prick.. and I don't deserve that! I am awaiting his answer to this! I offered free stuff to this board in the past matter of fact it was some ol oil cooled gixxer parts. I guess it would be called air cooled in this forum but you get the point! he started shit with me for no reason, and he is only 30 miles from my house<hr></blockquote>

you have his email address? then work it out that way

and what rating are you on about? hopefully not here at the board

·
Banned
3,509 Posts

Kevin,
These are the only words you'll get out of me.

1- I blocked you because I never wanted to hear form you again.

2- I gave you a 1 star rating because I think very little of you as a member of this board. If I could have gone into negative numbers I would have.

3- You seem to have not understood the hint that I didn't want to hear from you. Do not call me.

4- You seem to have gone out of your way to get personal information about me...my name, phone number and whatever else. That concerns me. Not because I'm worried about what you might do to me. Because you might be some flake that would attempt something and harm my family. That is something I will not tolerate.

5- I notified Mr Gixxer of your comments and then I called the Madison Police Department. They took it very seriously when I showed them your posts. I printed them the complete texts of both this string and the "fuzzy seat" string. If I can prosecute you for threats (your comments in the post below about "haunting"), or stalking (your admission of researching my personal info) I will.

6- MPD Officer Ostrenga (the investigating officer) will be emailing you within the next day or so. If he isn't clearer to you than I have been, refer to point #7

7- As I said before, I'm not worried for my own safety. I'm a grown man with almost 20 years in the US Army. I worry for my family. Read this carefully or have someone else read it to you... If I see you near my home. I will call the police. If I see you in my yard. I will call the police. If I see you on my doorstep. I will protect my family. Take that as a clue to never speak to me again. Oh, and I know what you look like from the picture you have on your website. So if I see you "just passing by" my street...You'd better keep moving. I will have you prosecuted if I can.

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Tim,
Why did you post a rating of 1 on my account? and then block me from sending you a private message? Then remove your rating on here? you seem to be a prick. I could always call you and discuss this issue with you? I do have your phone number. I thought we dropped this issue and then you had to go and put a 1 rating on me. oh for you thinking right now that there is no way I got your number, well how about I take a guess at the prefix 246-?? now what you gonna do change your number? Didn't your parents ever teach you not to be a prick to people cause it may come back to haunt you someday. <http://www.gixxer.com/ubb/images/icons/shocked.gif><hr></blockquote>

1 - 11 of 11 Posts