Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was driving down the road and my F1 light started blinking and my warning light stays on. I have an 05' gsxr 600. I have a yosh tri oval bolt on and the gears done. Those are the only performance mods. I have an appointment with the stealership in two weeks. What are the possible problems? Is it safe to ride? All responses much appreciated. The bike runs fine the light is just blinking. Thanks

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
i'd post in the 06 thread and ask how to put it in dealer mode.

then ask what the codes represent for your bike of that year.

then tell the stealership to shove it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
It might be the exhaust causing the problem. I have and 05 and the fi light comes and the bike doesnt change in performance at all. I am going to take my bike to the dealer soon. My bike kind of jerks when the FI light comes on.

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,422 Posts
On the '04 and '05, the most common FI warning is the STVA. But it could be anything. Get it into dealer mode and see what the code says. I don't know why people keep asking what's wrong with their bike when their bike will tell them exactly what that problem is.

·
13,422 Posts
04GSX~R said:
Its gotta deal with the Throttle Vavle but how do u fix that problem?
It might be the secondary throttle valve, but it could also be the IAT sensor, the STP, the TP, injectors, etc. Could be anything. Don't assume. Especially when the bike WILL TELL YOU EXACTLY what the problem is.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have read how to put it in dealer mode with the 750 but how do you put it in dealer mode with the 600? Detailed instructions please

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok so i warmed up my bike and went for a ride. i hid about 10000 rpms and it has no power. so i turned around and went home. I started my bike today and let it warm up. I rev it up and it will not go past 14000 and then i rev it again and it cuts out at 10000 and cuts off. i do not have a manual so i do not know which plug to fool with. and i dont want to fry anything. any ideas?

·
Registered
379 Posts
FrankD247 said:
ok so i warmed up my bike and went for a ride. i hid about 10000 rpms and it has no power. so i turned around and went home. I started my bike today and let it warm up. I rev it up and it will not go past 14000 and then i rev it again and it cuts out at 10000 and cuts off. i do not have a manual so i do not know which plug to fool with. and i dont want to fry anything. any ideas?
You know, I just read about the same problem in another thread but I can't find it. Anyway, the guy had the exact same problem. Turned out to be that the fuel filter was so clogged with gunk. He took apart the whole fuel pump assembly, cleaned it, and everything was fine.

·
Registered
60 Posts
yea the 05's have a huge problem with the fuel injection put that shit in dealer mode and google the codes. the power of the internet. my buddy just had to redo the actual injectors and valves and this isnt the first time i have heard the same problem. i know of at least three other 05's that have gone through this.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The F1 light came on my bike. I pulled the code and it came up as C32, C33, C34, C35 which the service manual says is something to do with the fuel injectors.

Is it safe to ride? The light goes off when I turn the bike off but comes back on sometimes as I pull away and sometimes after a couple of miles.

·
13,422 Posts
Usually, if all 4 are throwing a code, then it's a common wire like ground that's the issue. I've seen a handful that the wire actually pops out of the main ECU connector. Pretty simple fix, but often difficult to find. I wouldn't ride it until you got it figured out.

What else does the bike have done? Any fuel controller?

·
13,422 Posts
I'd disconnect the PC3 from the injectors and see if the problem goes away. If it does, you know your PC3 is the problem. You might check to make sure you've got the latest firmware on the PC3 while you're at it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yeah, I thought so but when I lifted the tank I just saw tons of wires. I made sure everything was connected but it still showed F1 on my test run.

Better off with the experts methinks.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts