Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday i was riding my bike and noticed that the red light came on and the temp was high. I was in stop and go traffic and noticed it got to 245 degreesa and the fans didnt turn on. I got some open rode and got the temp down so when i got home i turned off the bike and then turned it back on and noticed the F1 flashing what does F1 mean? anyone

·
Banned
14,060 Posts
The red light is also known as the idiot light.

It warns idiots to turn thier bike off when it is flashing so they do not do damage to the bike.

The FI means there is a fault and you need to put the bike in dealer mode to pull the code. The code will tell you what is wrong.

Do not ride the bike till you get the issue resolved.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
The red light is also known as the idiot light.

It warns idiots to turn thier bike off when it is flashing so they do not do damage to the bike.

The FI means there is a fault and you need to put the bike in dealer mode to pull the code. The code will tell you what is wrong.

Do not ride the bike till you get the issue resolved.
+1....here is how to get the bike in dealer mode and get the code: http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174828&highlight=dealer+mode

The FI light must be in for you to get the code. If the temp exceeds 220F, do not run it like that or you will damage it. Post the code and we can help you figure out the problem (although it is pretty obvious what it is).

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
+1....here is how to get the bike in dealer mode and get the code: http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174828&highlight=dealer+mode

The FI light must be in for you to get the code. If the temp exceeds 220F, do not run it like that or you will damage it. Post the code and we can help you figure out the problem (although it is pretty obvious what it is).
I'm so glad this information is wrong or I would be in trouble every time I get stuck in traffic. 220 is fine and is when the fan should start. Do not operate if temperature is higher than 248F (120C) as per the operators manual. 220 is just fine and nothing to worry about. 245F is getting into the trouble range.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
I'm so glad this information is wrong or I would be in trouble every time I get stuck in traffic. 220 is fine and is when the fan should start. Do not operate if temperature is higher than 248F (120C) as per the operators manual. 220 is just fine and nothing to worry about. 245F is getting into the trouble range.
Not true...if your bike is getting into the 240's than something is wrong. The fan kicks in at 220F and the bike should start cooling down almost immediately. On the hottest days in traffic, I have only seen 225 for a short period and the fan brings it back to 210 pretty quick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts