Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so I went for a ride on my GSXR, just to go pick some stuff up and on my way back. not 1 or 2 or 3......4 people almost killed me. I touched the 2nd guys car and the first cut me off like less then a foot to spread 3rd cut me off, uhhh and hit his brakes 4th guy almost had my ass end for dinner............could people just take a fucking sec and look around. Oo and this all happened in 10 mins

by the way if you dont think this is true, I live in sarasota FL, land of the old, young, careless and rich who think they own the world and everything in it

Attachments

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
If its that bad, my be time to invest in a car, full leathers, slicks, and some track day bodywork.

·
Premium Member
2,555 Posts
I live in FL, too. I understand the shitty driver thing.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
i dont think it really matters where you live

There are stupid people that do not pay any attention to shit everywhere.......

Ride safe!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Shitty drivers are everywhere, luckly we are quick and nimble, and we can avoid most careless actions of those stupid drivers. Look out for those drivers talking on cell phones, almost been killed a few time by these careless drivers. i just avoid them and then give them the bird

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,546 Posts
is that tire shine on your tires in that pic? definately not a good idea if it is.

also, you gotta be careful out there, get some good gear, and some insuracne....just in case

·
Registered
367 Posts
Our worst enemy are the soccer moms and their cell phones. Thats how I wrecked my ZX6r(loved that bike) A damn mommy was in route to side swipe me so I had to jump off my damn bike. She said that she didnt see me and I told the cop that she was on her f&%$in cell phone looking at directions. Cop gave her a wreckless driving ticket and a couple of others. I was happy....then sad when I saw my ninja smokin....

·
Registered
257 Posts
one time i had the same thing happen except it was 3 people blatantly failing to yield the right of way between my house and a gas station less than a mile away. my husband doesnt deal so well when people almost kill him...they usualy sacrifice a door panel

·
Registered
399 Posts
I went to high school in Sarasota.. I talk on the cell phone while riding the bike..

·
Super Moderator
17,429 Posts
ok so I went for a ride on my GSXR, just to go pick some stuff up and on my way back. not 1 or 2 or 3......4 people almost killed me. I touched the 2nd guys car and the first cut me off like less then a foot to spread 3rd cut me off, uhhh and hit his brakes 4th guy almost had my ass end for dinner............could people just take a fucking sec and look around. Oo and this all happened in 10 mins

by the way if you dont think this is true, I live in sarasota FL, land of the old, young, careless and rich who think they own the world and everything in it
Hey squid, what's w/ the pic??

FWIW..
Maybe it's you & not them..

·
Registered
921 Posts
it kind of does matter where you live.

FL has the WORST drivers ever.
Reason being is that FL is a collecting pot as well as the fact that they do not have mandatory CAR lessons. You get a insurance break if you take drivers Ed.

I am at a point in my life where I am starting to consider getting into bikes for leisure/fun and being in FL has really put it on the backburner.

No matter where you go a Vehicle/bike accident is always really bad. But being in FL your in severe danger if you are in anything less than a TANK.

Stay safe! and watch your mirrors when your stopped and leave yourself an escape route. Being prepared can change a whole situation.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts

Hey squid, what's w/ the pic??

FWIW..
Maybe it's you & not them..
Iwas thinkin the same shit....Did i miss something?

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Here is what you must have missed. And his first post too.

·
Banned
2,038 Posts
ok, i live in fl too and the drivers around here are retarded maybe or maybe not more so than other places, i dont know cause i have nowhere to compare it to. anyways, i saw a very young guy (had to be under 18) leaving the mall and walk over to a nice new sport bike and turn it on (no helmets to be seen and he was wearing shorts, t shirt and sandals) and then stand beside it revving it up soooo loud and annoying but he was trying to get his friends attention who he was waiting for. then he gets impatient and actually starting whining and stomping his foot saying c'mon, will you hurry up? he was literally acting like a 3 year old and it scared me to know he was about to get on that bike. if i was his mom i'd spank him and lock him in his room. certain people mature faster than others but i dont think anyone under 18 ... or maybe even 21 or more should be out on the streets on a bike. most of the time they havent gotten practice with dirt bikes or anything and they just want to show off, its really sad. when i would go out riding i would average about 1 or 2 a'holes a day putting my life at risk but to have 4 in a matter or minutes...? you must have been hauling ass and riding peoples asses or something...i wasnt there so i dont know. i guess it could happen, re your first post about almost falling at 40 mph i think you should have read that one over yourself and realized how bad it sounded and consider getting some more practice on something a little more practical.

·
Banned
8,628 Posts
Never take an A$$hole with you ,Because there is always one where you are going........just some words of wisdom.lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
A buddy of mine in clearwater was riding and an old lady was coming down the wrong side of the street, head on collision, he's still in critical condition.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts