Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I'm trying to get the drive sprocket nut off of my 85 750 to no avail. I have the tranny in neutral and I'm standing on the brake and I've hit this thing with copious amounts of Yield and WD40 and a MAPP torch and an impact gun (only 80psi though) and nothing. The damned thing won't budge.

I just won the auction for the 87 Partzer on eBay so if that one comes off easily I will saw it or chisel it off. But any ideas or suggestions? This thing is a bitch of a nut, is there locktite on it? I see some weird looking thing that could pass for a pseudo-retaining ring, but nothing major that's holding it up.

*grumble, grumble*

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
you took out the bolt first right?

when I have a bitch like that I use a 2x4 in the back wheel across the arm and get a long pipe on the wrench and off she comes

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Mr Gixxer:
you took out the bolt first right?

when I have a bitch like that I use a 2x4 in the back wheel across the arm and get a long pipe on the wrench and off she comes
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeah, of course, as that is the order of things.

I'll keep it soaking and try the 2x4 thru the wheel, the brake seems to let a little slippage, maybe that's an idication of air in the lines anyway.

[ 08-15-2002, 08:38 PM: Message edited by: ErricZ ]

·
Registered
316 Posts
I work at a shop on Route 1 in Edison. If you can trailer the bike over I have an impact gun that should get it off. Call the shop for directions. Ask for Dave. I'll be there from 11-7.
Lee's Electronics and performance
732-572-5337

-Dave

[ 08-16-2002, 05:44 AM: Message edited by: OilCooler92 ]

·
Registered
360 Posts
I had the same problem clutch slipped, even broke a 1" wrench in the swing arm/wheel. I don't rember if I just turned up the air on the impact or if the bolt was lefty threads. Anybody verify left/right threads.

·
Registered
178 Posts
i use the "2x4" method in the wheel. that allways
seems to work for me!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by OilCooler92:
I work at a shop on Route 1 in Edison. If you can trailer the bike over I have an impact gun that should get it off. Call the shop for directions. Ask for Dave. I'll be there from 11-7.
Lee's Electronics and performance
732-572-5337

-Dave
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">So that's where Lee went! Duh! I used to go get all of my audio equipment from him when he was in the US#1 Flea Market ... moment of silence please ...

·
Registered
316 Posts
Originally posted by:ErricZ
So that's where Lee went! Duh! I used to go get all of my audio equipment from him when he was in the US#1 Flea Market ... moment of silence please ...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">This store is run by the brother of the Lee from the old flea market, That Lee runs the other store in Elizabeth. Both of them having the same first name can make it hard to explain who is who.

Your moment of silence has been observed!

If you ever need anything just stop by. We do everything from audio to forced induction.

-Dave

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Yosh:
I had the same problem clutch slipped, even broke a 1" wrench in the swing arm/wheel. I don't rember if I just turned up the air on the impact or if the bolt was lefty threads. Anybody verify left/right threads.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I was kinda looking at that, thinking I was doing the thread wrong, but it looks normal, lefty-loosey. I don't think I can get the shell to anyone's shop, I'll just have to get a bigger compressor. The one I'm dealing with is ancient and kicks out a whoping 80psi! Need a bigger pump motor on it... thanks for the help guys.

Just needs more elbow grease, I thought I was just being an idiot...well, I guess that is to be determined.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts