Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This kinda hurts... rolled my ankle and these are pics from 8 days from when I did it.

Anyone know of good stretches/exercises to keep the ankle in good working order through the healing?

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Damn dude...that looks pretty bad. Do a goodle search on 'Range of Motion' exercises for the ankle and as long as you have swelling keep ice on it.

Hope you start feeling better soon.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
That sucks man. I hope a doctor has seen that.

Hope you get better soon, and hey, it could always be worse!!!

·
Registered
6,084 Posts
Dude Ben that shit might be broken. Get it checked out.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Umm dude, that isnt broken, you ripped ligaments, you should probably have surgery as well, are you getting any blood down along the sole of your foot??? If so go see a doc tommorow!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yeah if I were you I would go and have it X-rayed just to be sure this isnt a tear of fracture! Ice does help for swelling but it wont help if it's torn or broken. Have it looked at!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Yeah man, that is pretty bad. Mine does that every time I roll mine too. I do it atleast twice a year. I seem to have weak ankles.

·
Professional Baby Maker
17,741 Posts
Yeah if I were you I would go and have it X-rayed just to be sure this isnt a tear of fracture! Ice does help for swelling but it wont help if it's torn or broken. Have it looked at!

+1

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Go get that checked out. If nothing is torn or borken they might just rub some steroid cream on it, stick it in ice water, and then add an electrical current to the water. Feels weird as shit but it will help reduce the swelling and make it feel better...

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did go to the doc the day after it happened... x-rays show no breaks. He gave me an air cast and said that no bones were broken and send me on my way... The coloration has started to clear up these last couple days but the pain is still there. This is the first time I've rolled my ankle like this and I assume since it is more of a tissue injury it will take a long time to heal. It's weird that my achilles is so discolored cause that not even what hurts. If I have to put weight on it it feels best to tip toe... so I'm just gonna be ginger on if for another week or so and if there aren't some major improvements I'll be going back to the doc I think. As far as keeping range of motion I've been trying to stretch just a little but not to the point where it hurts. Thanks for the advice all

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
off topic slightly but kind of interesting. It is well known that once you roll an ankle, it is more prone to sprains and such in the future. Most people believe the theory that the reason you are more prone to sprains in the future is because the ligament/tendon gets stretched/injured after the initial injury, and does not have the same elasticity(sp) as when it was healthy. Recently I read an article that says a possible reason for future injuries to an ankle that has been hurt once has more to do with the nerves. It says the initial injury damages nerves in the ankle that usually tell the body when the ankle has bent too far. With these nerves damaged that signal is not sent until the ankle is bent even further, thus causing you to roll your ankle again and damging more nerves, and the cycle continues. I found that interesting and thought I would share. BTW I am drunk

·
Farm OG
2,801 Posts
BTW I am drunk
I love the disclaimer at the end. Does that mean its all bullshit? That spelling is waay to good for a true drunk post. I call bullshit. Post up pix of your drunken, bloodshot, halfclosed eyes!

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Mine looked the same way when i rolled it playing baskteball. i just kept it in an ace bandage, on ice and elevated. and tried to stay off of it as much as possible. its take a LOOOOOONG time for it to get back it decent condition.

i usually just tried to make circles with my foot to work it out...

·
Registered
311 Posts
damn, how did you do that? Looks JUST like mine from 2 months ago!

At the scene of the crash

In the ER

The part of my TIBIA that broke

and 10 DAYS AFTER....

pics of the wrecked bike

·
Bearded Admin call him Grizzly
88,756 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
This is going to sound funny, but for range of motion, I have always done the "ABC's" on my sprian/rolled ankles. Alway have good out comes. Does full range of motion when done right. A therapist told me to do it when I sprained my ankle during football one year. Good luck, and speedy recovery

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Damn CSJunemann... that looks really similar... the wierd thing is is that although the part that looks the worst is my achilles but thats not even what hurts. I've been keeping it wrapped for a few days now without the air cast and I can now almost walk for very short distances without pain and I'm not really limping too bad. I'm trying not to walk on it much though just to be on the safe side.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts