Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Doh..I pulled my '03 gsxr 600 clutch cable and front sprocket off to do some maintenance - put it back together and now I have this extra spring and it won't go into neutral. Yes I am probably an idiot..

...anyone recognize this spring? Clutch return?

Glad I took it apart though - the sprocket nut was finger tight..!!

·
Chubby Chaser
57,816 Posts
The bike it came from might be helpful to make note of here, and/or post it in the model specific subforum.

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,422 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You nailed it - got the return spring back in.

I still cant find neutral...my trans may be shot.

>Inside the sprocket cover?? I don't see a diagram of how that's assembled in the manual though. It's pretty basic. It supplies the return power for your clutch lever.[/quote]

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
...I've had the bike 2 months..who knows how long it was running with the sprocket loose - probably took out a bearing. Weird thing is it shifted fine before I torqued down the sprocket.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hmm no it wasn't..should it be? I loosened the sprocket nut and still no neutral...all the other gears feel fine.

...sorry for post in wrong section.

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,422 Posts
Most put it in neutral. But when you're engine braking, the same forces apply, so I don't think it would damage anything. I really don't know what else to say. What does it feel like if you shift it out of first trying to go to neutral by hand?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts