Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I was woundering what else can I do to get more HP out of my bike. I was thinking to get different carbs but I dont know if its worth it. I dont know what size of carbs my bike has now and dont know where I can buy some... What do you guys think..

My Mods
Complete D&D exhaust
Stage3 jet kit
Different Sprockets

thanks
jimmy

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by fjimmy123:
Guys, I was woundering what else can I do to get more HP out of my bike. I was thinking to get different carbs but I dont know if its worth it. I dont know what size of carbs my bike has now and dont know where I can buy some... What do you guys think..

My Mods
Complete D&D exhaust
Stage3 jet kit
Different Sprockets

thanks
jimmy
<hr></blockquote>

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mike91 1216:
[QB][/QB]<hr></blockquote>

oops, anyways a set of 39 keihins are the ticket!!!ihad 38 mikuni rs and just not user friendly,just my 2 cents...maybe degree cams too ???

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
You have 36mm CV carbs, not bad carbs, I am geting some mikuni 40RS's whee, the first thing I would advise, is some 38mmcv's from a 91-92 750 they will give you a good boost, however the best thing you can do is cut fat from your bike, this can get expensive too, it also depnds on what you plan to do with your bike, keep it stock looking(you have a nice bike
) or go nuts and begin a custom(thats what I did) so a simple 1216 kit and some 38mm cabs, with put you probably around 145+ at the rear wheel for example, lots of options
-Karl

·
Registered
223 Posts
First of all get your bike dynoed. If you're getting about 115-120 hp at the wheel the bike is restricted. Just remove the restriction in the intake rubbers. The 40mm carbs are big enough; no need to go bigger. Keep the airbox, don't use individual filters.

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: wolf1127 ]</p>

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
are you running CV's or flatslides?
-Karl

1 - 7 of 7 Posts