Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok no one think im a dumb girl for asking this question, i just really want to know....Does extending a swing arm about 4 inches, on a bike thats allready lowered make a HUGE difference in turning? i love twisties....is this gonan ruin my twisties or is it just gonna slow me down a little? is it really that noticeable of a diff?

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah im debating doin it for looks mainly, a 600 doesnt really need an extended swing arm like someone whos got a modded out 1000, but it looks cool lol im just worried if id be able to still do my twisties =\

· Registered
360 Posts
yea if u have a 600 i would not do that...your just gonna make your bike unridable

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well a few of my boys have theirs like that and theirs seem to be doin them just fine, on this bike i am more concerned w/ looks than performance b/c really i am not gonan get too much more performance out of it...which is why i plan on gettin a 1000 soon =)

· Registered
2,857 Posts
Yeah the bike will fight you through the turns if you stretch, because of the longer wheelbase. You could go 2 inches without noticing much difference, but 4+ you will start to feel a huge handling difference. If you dont have serious motor work done, just leave it, you want a short wheel base for twisties.... The longer wheelbase could get you into trouble if you need to react to a situation with quickness, it will not respond as fast. But as for looks, yea stretched gixxers look awesome, especially the new ones. But why trade rideablity for looks?

Scott

· Registered
2,146 Posts
well a few of my boys have theirs like that and theirs seem to be doin them just fine, on this bike i am more concerned w/ looks than performance b/c really i am not gonan get too much more performance out of it...which is why i plan on gettin a 1000 soon =)
yeah im debating doin it for looks mainly, a 600 doesnt really need an extended swing arm like someone whos got a modded out 1000, but it looks cool lol im just worried if id be able to still do my twisties =\
Do you have a GSX-R 600 of any sort?!? If you do not think you are going to get much more performance out of it from the way you currently ride then either a) you are an idiot or b) you are Miguel Duhamel...

Also, you say you want to get a 1000. Now if you love the twisties (especially the Florida ones
) like you claim, then why are you so concerned about extending the swingarm, even if it is just for "looks"?!? Sorry about the harshness, but...

Later,

· Registered
2,857 Posts
I will be able to show you what a 6" over arm looks like on a 04 600 next winter, I have decided to go with the turbo now. I have all the components except for the pistons, which are currently being made over at JE.

So with the downtime of winter, I will get this project rolling. I will get pics up in winter. I know its a long ways away, just thought I would say.

Scott

· Registered
32 Posts
That's a good pic up there
I extended my 750 6 inches. It's just a look for me, however if I wanna take some corners, everything can be taken back to stock in about an hour granted you have the make/break chain tool and some extra master links. Here's a pic minus the fairings.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.