Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone buy the extended warranty? I haven't had any problems with my bike and I've almost had it for a year now. I was wondering was it worth it or are most of my "problems" just going to be normal routine maintence costs. Any opinions?

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
I didn't buy the extended warranty. If there is something wrong with the bike it will more than likely come out within the first year if you ride it. I don't know of anyone that has used it that had bought it, and I have heard "stories" (I don't know if they are true) that Suzuki is very picky on what they allow for warranty claims, so.........

It is up to you.

·
PM me for Brotection
57,513 Posts
I bought it with my '05 600. The way I look at it your spending an extra 500 bucks to protect an $8000 investment. Seems to make sence to me.
I bought it with the same thing in mind. I hope to hell I never use it. Putting it in towards the financing was probably a dumb move too, but they wanted an $8k minimum. Oh well, I guess I've learned my lesson.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Extended warranties are usually a terrible deal.

The things that are covered are very unlikely to occur, and if this is from a 3rd party, good luck trying to get them to actually cut you a check.

Anyone ever actully use their extended warranty? If so, who provided the coverage, and what bike problem did they cover?

·
PM me for Brotection
57,513 Posts
Extended warranties are usually a terrible deal.

The things that are covered are very unlikely to occur, and if this is from a 3rd party, good luck trying to get them to actually cut you a check.

Anyone ever actully use their extended warranty? If so, who provided the coverage, and what bike problem did they cover?
I've known some people to get pretty good luck with extended warranties. But those guys only had cars and jet skis, not bikes. But I'd guess the same thing applies.

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
If you get the extended warranty it can be cancelled, and your money is refunded on a pro-rated basis after 60 days. If Suzuki deems fit to void the warranty because of something you did/did not do (maint.) then you are also refunded money on a pro-rated basis.

If you decide to get one, the DEALER has the option to sell you the warranty so that upon expiration of the contract, and ZERO claims has been made, then you recieve a 100% refund.

You can't loose if you get the dealer to give you this option, and of course have him show it to you in the 'fine print'

·
Registered
413 Posts
you can buy it all the way up to the factory warranty expires; just wait about a year and then reevaluate if you want it. I'm probably still going to get it, you can get it from any dealer (oneida has it listed for $370). my dealer wanted $500 and he thought that was a "deal" for buying the bike...wtf!

i just bought a DLP tv (~$2500) and that extended warranty for 2 years was $350! I'd rather have a little more piece of mind since i plan on keeping it for awhile

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.