Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 6 mo. left on my warranty, but time to think about the extended warranty.

Normally I avoid them because they're so padded with profit, but it looks like in my case it could really be worth the $$. I put up to 10,000 mi a year on my bikes, have my local dealer service them, and expect to keep this bike for 3-4 years.

Oneida Suzuki will extend warranty to 3 yrs for $330 & 4 yrs for $380 (Thanks for the tip from another thread!!). And no mileage limits. Since it costs $100 for a regular service, that appears to be a bargain! Of course, it doesn't cover normal wear & tear items, but still seems worth while. It's transferable to one future owner, and can be cancelled for a fee (but haven't found out how much that fee is).

Have others opted for and used their extended warranty, or wished they'd gotten it? I know this isn't just a Gixxer Girls question, but wanted to avoid the rush of (sometimes knee-jerk) responses on the general forum.

Thanks for your help!

·
Fragile Little Flower of Texan Femininity
98,059 Posts
:dunno

i don't do extended warranties on my bikes. i generally don't have issues with them tho. (well, issues that i don't cause) :lol

although, i will tell you my 15k "check up" and new tires ran me about $700+ so it seems like you get your money's worth.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts