Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few of us headed up to "Hawks Next" from CT and it turned out to be an awesome run with the exception of the rain that was relentless at one point going back into CT. All is all, a good 270 miles logged-in. :thumbup

They have some serious construction going on over at Hawks Next so avoid going into route 97.

Attachments

·
Papa Johns Diaper Service...
2,835 Posts
What's up Will, yeah we roll thru there on a regular. They have been doing that damn constructon for over a year. They are somewhere in the middle now. We hit some back roads that lead us to route 97. We know the drill of
sitting at that light for 15 to 20 mins waiting......waiting...... :banghead

We were riding on the CT/NY border today. Traffic was pretty lite and we got the whole ride in. WE hit rain about 10 mins away from the circle on the way back. :cheers

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What's up Will, yeah we roll thru there on a regular. They have been doing that damn constructon for over a year. They are somewhere in the middle now. We hit some back roads that lead us to route 97. We know the drill of
sitting at that light for 15 to 20 mins waiting......waiting...... :banghead

We were riding on the CT/NY border today. Traffic was pretty lite and we got the whole ride in. WE hit rain about 10 mins away from the circle on the way back. :cheers
Over a year, damnnn pretty long time. Coming up on 97 I was like what the hell... then again I haven't been up there in a while.

Dude I was really tempted to just take the damn red light...:lmao

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey J, curious do you have any idea what are going to do there when completed, will there be a permanent traffic light ? or just re-paving that area..crazy because it looked just fine for the longest.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,820 Posts
light is probably there to stop people from trying to tear ass through there and crashing into that rock wall

·
Not the powers that be, not even close.
23,109 Posts
Ever notice the graffiti on the rock wall? I wonder how they get up there :eek:hmy

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
light is probably there to stop people from trying to tear ass through there and crashing into that rock wall
Yeah your probably right...I wouldn't be surprised at all if they built a traffic light right there because of that issue of speeders. I just thought they place a light there because of the issue of having only one lane but who knows.

All the crap in the way takes away from the flow of riding through there. Do you know if that construction stuff leads further North on 97? Last time I went I didn't go further North but made the U turn.

·
2,835 Posts
The light is there just for the construction. In the middle, it is one way coming and one way going. It is just there and no where else on 97. We
come from the back roads in the opposite direction. When there was NO light and NO construction, it was always crowded with bikes & tourist & sight seers taking pics. You could only rip thru there early in the AM or later in the day.

·
2,835 Posts
NEWS FLASH!!!! They took that damn light down in the hawks nest area. WE rode thru there today and NO LIGHT. I hope it is gone for good.:cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts