Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing my usual Canada-wide classified scanning routine this morning and stumbled across a few really interesting finds.

I'm betting most don't even know that in the 70s, Suzuki tried-out rotary / wankel engines. Yet another curiously-reasonably priced exotic Suzuki click

If I buy this, think motomummy can hook me up with spare parts? :lol

·
IM THE BRONZE
1,336 Posts
I'm doing my usual Canada-wide classified scanning routine this morning and stumbled across a few really interesting finds.

I'm betting most don't even know that in the 70s, Suzuki tried-out rotary / wankel engines. Yet another curiously-reasonably priced exotic Suzuki click

I heard the weight of the engine was ridiculous heavy and they ceased production of it.
Yep it's a 500cc bike that weighed 573 lbs wet lol

·
IM THE BRONZE
1,336 Posts
Check out this Norton Rotary at Isle o Man. That sound is amazing!
Sounds like a fricken 2-stroke

He has a piece of paper taped to his triple tree that says "breathe" lmao

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
God damn, there sure are times when it sounds like it's missing a little :lol

I've watched IOMTT onboard cams for so many years... and I still say they're all fucking lunatics :punk

30 years ago when I was immortal... maybe :biggrin

·
Both Handsome AND Pretty!
19,104 Posts

I remember when this was the, "Wave of the future", for about a year and a half. :lol A dealer I was racing for at the time had a cool working clear plastic model of the engine from Suzuki to help explain the concept to people. When you turned a hand crank the engine parts would move. It was definitely a different bike. It is insanely complicated. It had 3 separate oil reservoirs and made a shit ton of heat when it ran.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
Carnage
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing