Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While seated on my throne this morning I was flipping through the Yosh Book of Speed. I paused on the exhausts briefly to ponder the increased HP a dyno will show once my motorwork is done. Yosh puts a "dyno run" image with each pipe/bike combo to draw you into buying their pipes. It got me to wondering about my project...'86 overbore to 905cc with '92 valve head/cams. There's currently a complete Hindle system on it.

Here's my questions...

-I haven't taken the Hindle completely off the '86 valve head. Will it "bolt right on" as others have stated (Jeff) about the '92 valve head?

-with increased air intake and combustion volume, won't I need increased exhaust flow? I guess the flow couldn't get any bigger than the diameter of the header/manifold interface. Would I need to do anything to the can? Send it off to Hindle and have them "re-pack" it for the increases? Or is it fine the way it is?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I don't know the answer to that question... but I just thought I would say hi! I'll probabely see you at work either Mon, Tues, or Wed. see ya

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I read a post somewhere in hear where he bolted an 1100 exhaust on a 750. He said it bolted straight on and added a little power to it.
Don't know how true it was but just passing on the info.
Personally go with the bigger pipe, its only money

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
bcklrcr- I can't stay away

#1. YES, it will bolt up to the 92 head.
#2. I don't think so. I have never seen a diference in a 750 can or a 1100 can. I could be very wrong. But hey what due I know

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe I'll contact Hindel and see what they know about the differences.
I should have thought of that earlier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts