Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can find a high swept exhaust for a first generation Gixxer (86-87 GSXR750)? I've seen them, but don't know if they are custom items or not. Thanks in advance!

· Registered
26 Posts
hindle makes a high pipe for the old gixxer along with 4-2 and 4-1 headers in nickel. From what I heard they are discontinuing their nickel line. There are rumors that they will make a stainless system for the old gixxers, but I don't think it will happen since there is not enough customers. Go to street and competition http://www.streetandcomp.com/ they told me that they still could put together a high pipe. that was a few months ago. It just wasn't worth it to me anymore. I would prefer to go with the 4-2 for my 1100.

------------------
Wes
1987 GSXR 1100

· Registered
26 Posts
The only disadvatage is that you lose your passenger pegs, if that matters to you. The pipe does end up being longer and with more bends, although from the seat of the pants I'm sure you really shouldn't be able to tell. Most importantly is the header, a 4 into 1 will give more top end as a 4 into 2 will improve your bottom end as will a duplex system. Clearly a high pipe on an old gixxer is only for cosmetic purposes. I would not feel comfortable going with a home-made high pipe (IMO)

------------------
Wes
1987 GSXR 1100

· Registered
207 Posts
I am using a hindle 4-2-1 high pipe works very well helps to fill in the power below 7k bought it last year they where being cleared out it is only mild steel dont know if they made it in stailess or not.

------------------
86 moded one end to the other

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.