Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it better to get a half system or full system for drag racing? I did not know if the torque drop would effect the 1/4 mile time on the negitive side or does the higher hp make up for it?
I noticed that it is harder to hold 2k rpm for the launch with the valve moving. So if you full system guys could post up what you noticed after switching.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well since no one knows I answered my own question. I spoke with Lee shierts of Lee's Performance center and he said; it would be better to get rid of the valve, it just gets in the way. What I understand is it is very restrictive and the full system makes good mid range anyway and will give a 8-10 hp boost.

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
you realize this is a suzuki board, most people here dont know what works well on a 954......

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was asking for gsxr's but next time I will be more clear. Honda drag racers are rare and to this info would be tough so I come here to find drag info. If I asked if a full system would help my times at willow springs I would get about 500 replies at the CBR board. There both liter bikes and if the valve sucks on zuk then most likely on a cbr also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts