Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Fellas

My girlfriend emabarraseed me today after I pulled up with my 3 week old 600 K5. I still have the stock exhaust and I know that it aint that loud, but damn, did she have to say, "I did'nt hear you pull up." She also said to some of her freinds "I like his new bike because it's not that loud."

So................I was wondering if anybody had seen this magazine article? October 2004 issue of Sport Rider http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0410_pipe_clips/

If you have the Magazine, does it have the DBs listed for each in order?? If so can you list them? I cant tell from the sound clips which one is the loudest to the shabbiest.

Thanks

RB

·
Registered
215 Posts
D&D was pretty much the loudest with 105dBA at 7kRPM. Micron is another loud one, but they both sound like crap. If you want a real exhaust go to parts411.com and get the Akrapovic Bolt for only 377 shipped.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
yeah that article has been posted lord knows how many times.....I am not tryin to be a d!ck or anything but just so you know. Thanks though. That article is pretty good. It gives a good idea as to what each exhaust actually sounds like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.