Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Not much help here for the exhaust, just installed a new Zyclone myself after looking for alternatives.

Just had to say, though... that is one sweet ride you've got, Ben!!

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
go to Hunter's gixxer web site and find his link page. He has an extensive list of exhaust manufacture's online. I think Vance&Hines and D&D both make exhausts for that bike.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hindle makes a pipe for your bike Earl - just plugging a Canadian company.

mark

·
Registered
139 Posts
Ben, to retrofit a can from one make to another, can be easy, or complicated. My mech once fit a Muzzy's mid pipe and can onto a Hindle header I had on a 90 1100. Required a little welding, but can be done.

Mark

·
Registered
243 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Benjamin Tang:
[QB]trade u for your widowmaker earl... my friend says life's too short to be on a 750
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Widowmaker.... Hmmm, never heard it called that before, but I can see why.

Nah! Had a couple of 750's, and I'll never go back. No substitute for cubes dude!

[ 07-23-2001: Message edited by: EarL ]

·
Registered
288 Posts
Motorcycle Accessory Warehouse- MAW

(67543) $476.95 Yoshimura Race with Carbon Canister #R762RR2 Fits:88-89

(52505) $455.95 Yoshimura Zyclone with Carbon Canister #R760RRC2 Fits:88-89

(67535) $358.95 Yoshimura Zyclone w/Stainless Canister Comp. Baffle #R760RRCC Fits:88-89

(07724) $345.95 Yoshimura Zyclone with Stainless Canister #R760RRC Fits:88-89

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yeah the problem is when you start calling these people most of them don't stock the stuff and in the case of Yosh a lot of it is dicontinued. I think the only pipes Yosh makes for older GSXRs is the mild steel Zyclone. The Euro makers seem to be a lot better about making good stuff for older bikes, you could try ordering through a Euro source like M & P (www.mandp.com, though their paper catalog is a lot more complete) shipping would be steep but not too bad and you also wouldn't have to pay taxes. I think Remus makes a stainless system for those years too but there aren't too many places in the US that stock Remus stuff. I think Hindle is your best bet if you want a stainless pipe since they're pretty easy to get in the US. Star Cycle claims to have a lot of pipes but when you actually call them it's the same story, not in stock or discontinued.

Matt

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am wondering if anyone has (had) a mild steel Zyclone system instaled on thier bike. Currently I have a Vance&Hines supersport system on mine, but would like to replace it. Kinda curious if anyone could tell me if the yoshi is a tad quiter than the V&H with the quitech 1 baffle (which ever is the louder of the two)
Tnx in advance

[ 07-30-2001: Message edited by: 89Gsxr750 ]

·
Registered
39 Posts
If anyone is interested in the yosh zyclone at MAW for 345.95 (mild steel, stainless can)
They now only have two left. They also said it was all they had left period that would fit the 88-89 750. There were 3, but one is now mine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts