Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've posted this before but I still havent found and answer that is valid. Im trying to find a company that makes a high mount exhaust for my 1991 GSXR-1100. Everyone tells me yeah there is alot of companyss that make them but I still havent found one. Could you guys help me???

Thank You

Jimmy

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
I have never seen a high mount for a oil cooled gixxer. I thought they were custom made

·
Registered
518 Posts
I think muzzys make ones for old oil-cooled 750s...don't quote me on that though...

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
people who tell you that a lot of companies make high mounts probably think you're referring to the newer bikes, or they're just assuming that because they're widely available for newer bikes, they'd also be widely available for the older ones as well.

even standard mount aftermarket exhausts are getting harder and harder to find for the older gsxr's.....i've only seen one high mount pipe recently, and i think it was tsavo5150 on this board who had it on his bike.....and i think he had to custom fabricate the pipework.

that's always an option - modify the midpipe section of an existing exhaust to get the canister to be high mount......or have a completely custom exhaust made from the headers back.

i think http://www.hmfengineering.com can do custom exhausts to spec, give them a call, it wouldn't hurt to ask....

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I custom made mine made. It uses the stock Yosh mid pipe and I made a piece that goes from the end of the header to the mid pipe using U bends bought from an exhaust shop, then fabbed a new hanger from a piece of 3/16 aluminum. I got a quote of about $60 from a local place that says they will bend the whole thing in one piece.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Dude I just noticed you were in chandler. If here is the number to the place in PX that I talked to on the phone about doing the bends for meWickem Bros. Pipes, 602-331-2595. I work over at Cycle gear in Mesa a few nights a week and weekends if you want to check out the the temp. setup that I have right now. I picked up a carbon can a few weeks ago and am going to fab a whole new piece after the first of the year. Been working 2 jobs so I have not had time to finish the new stuff. Give me a call at CG to make sure I'm there if your going to drop by,969-5555 I'll be there from about 3pm to 8pm tonight and the whole weekend also. Ask for Mike. Hope this helps.

·
Banned
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you guys. I probably would have to have some custom exhaust done.

Mike if you want give me a call at my pager and we can get together so I can see that stuff. Page me at any time. Thanks

602-238-8735
jimmy

·
Registered
3 Posts
They only made them for the 750 as they were the ones they raced.Vance and Hines do a system for it but its not high mount.pretty cheap as well at $399(its an SS2R).You would just have to get the connecting bent up a bit thats all.
I was going to buy it until i got a new yoshi duplex off ebay for $400.
Anyway i hopes that helps in any way.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Teh get a system and then get some custom link pipe made

1 - 10 of 10 Posts