Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Does anyone have their exhausts set-up like the Ducatis? I have a '00 GSXR600, and I love that exhaust-under-the-seat look. I'm looking to convert my Gixxer like that, but don't know where to start. I understand that Ducatis have single swingarms so it's easier for that set-up. But I've seen a R6 with that setup, and boy does it look sweeeeeeet! If anyone has any information or has done this, please respond! (Pictures would be great!) Thanks in advance.

------------------

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
To my knowledge....w/o some serious fabrication...no,this wasnt an option. Try devil exhausts....they might have something pretty trick.

------------------
"E-mail program errors? Gee....Im afraid your gonna have to format your hard drive..."

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
to my knowledge there is a place in Maine "Kickstands and Wheelies" that does custom stuff and I think does undertail exhausts (I've seen their trick R1's with undertail exhaust and singlesided swingarms)...

IMHO, undertail exhaust only is cool if you have a single-sided swingarm because then you just aren't doing your rear rim justice.... it looks so much better with a nice rim showing itself off since there's no exhaust in the way....

that and you will lose all your undertail storage if you get cans tucked under there, and you'd have to do something to your brake lights/turnsignals.... etc

one guy did it himself with his TLR (TLRMAN - go check the gallery for pics of it, it came out great)....

it would be a pain to try and do it yourself, but $$$ gets you anything

------------------
'98 Gixxa750, hella mods

2001 Olympic chain toss
VIDEOS

·
Registered
86 Posts
Actually, I have seen it. It requires a whole new subframe and the cowl looks totally different to accomodate for the underseat exhaust. You can find it at Hardracing.com. They're located in N.Carolina, but their shipping timing is AMAZING! I ordered a front sprocket from them, and it arrived at my house the next day...and I live in California! Anyway, look under European Exhaust section in their online catalog, and I think the maker is BON or something weird like that. I'll post it accurately later, but yeah, that kind of system is out there...and friggin pricey.

-Mike

------------------
Don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yeah, I got the name wrong. It's BOS systems. The kit comes with a full stainless system, a new subframe, and an unpainted cowl that is flatter than the stock one (96-99). Personally, I think they could have done much better with the cowl, but at least you have that underseat exhaust. Here's the site:
http://www.hardracing.com/Exhaust%20Systems/European/Boss/BossGSXR.htm

Let's see how everyone likes it...

-Mike

------------------

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Big Squid,

Thanks a lot!!! No wonder no one really does it, cos it's so damn expensive! Thanks for the info though, I'll keep it for future references. BTW, do you goto UC Davis? Which Gixxer do you have?

------------------

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yeah, I go to UC Davis. I have the deepblue/black/grey, although the deep blue is closer to a purple. I'm also the guy who usually walked around campus with a yellow leather jacket, but not anymore. It's too hot now. I also sport the yellow helmet.

-Mike

------------------

1 - 7 of 7 Posts