Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed "exhaust popping" on deceleration after removing the SET exhaust valve?
Im only considering removing mine on my K2 1000 but won't if it creates the popping sound getting off the throttle.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Use the search function;this topic has been discussed literally hundreds of times already....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did the search before posting. My question is very specific only pertaining to the removal of the SET Valve and if that in itself will cause the exhaust to start "Popping". All the threads I read mention exhaust "already" popping.

·
I know things... A lot of things.
3,124 Posts
Removing the SET valve is likely to affect the volumetric efficiency of the engine. Whether this will disrupt fueling enough to allow unburnt fuel to collect in the exhaust and cause popping I can't predict, but you might try to simply disconnect it for a while and make sure it's kept open somehow. Although this won't have the same effect as removing it altogether, it should be close enough, giving you an idea of the effects you should expect.

You should not interpret my suggestion as endorsing the idea of removing the SET valve by the way. As far as I can tell, you'd just be disabling a well-engineered component of your engine, which only adds to its sophistication, likely on dubious grounds.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will do just that. I know on the GSXR once you disconnect the adjusting cables the valve goes wide open automatically with the help of an internal spring.
Appreciate the info Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts