Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Ditchard the High Maintenance Squirrel
60,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am cringing as i start ANOTHER exhaust thread...i can almost see all of the eyes rolling. But in my defense, i have been searching here and google for 2 days now. I have even sent emails to different manufactures.

I am going to have my 1k painted all black this winter and with the advice from all of you in the "Club R" forum, i am going to change my pipe to a Carbon Fiber pipe.

Here is my issue:

I am looking for a Carbon Fiber, Slip-On pipe that is shorter than my current pipe with the cone design on the end. I do not like the look of the larger muffler with the smaller “stubby” exit pipe.

I love the look of the Yosh Moto GP pipe...but it is S.S. also. I want Carbon Fiber or maybe black.

Yoshimura makes a slip on pipe that is exactly what i am looking for, except it is for the 600/750. It is short, C.F., end cone design etc...but they don't make it for the 1k. The shorty pipe for the 1k's has the little "stubby" exit pipe on the end, i don't want that.

Basically what i am looking for is a short, carbon fiber or black pipe, with a full/solid design (no little stub of a pipe at the exit). I want to eliminate the bracket on the footrests. I like the look of the Micron pipe, but i saw that it also uses a bracket on the footrest.

My 600 has an M4 and i like it, but not for the 1k. I also don't want the very small "slash-cut" pipe that is almost non-existent.

I am not against installing a full system, if that is what it takes to get the kind of pipe i like. I am not concerned with the money aspect of it.

Here are the two pipes that i like...but the first isn't available in C.F. and the second is for a 600/750.

Anyone have any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
look at a racefit growler. and since money isnt an issue, it sounds like the perfect pipe for you. the new 600/750 forum has sound clips of it.

·
60,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yeah, you are right. I saw a guy's bike on here that had one and said he had it "Ceramic Coated" so it would be black. It looked perfect. I looked around for it on Google yesterday.

Is it available in the U.S. or would i have to have it shipped from the U.K.?

Can i get one in black?

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
CBnTN said:
Oh yeah, you are right. I saw a guy's bike on here that had one and said he had it "Ceramic Coated" so it would be black. It looked perfect. I looked around for it on Google yesterday.

Is it available in the U.S. or would i have to have it shipped from the U.K.?

Can i get one in black?

No, you are thinking about JimmyZ's bike with a black ceramic coated Racefit mega can on it:

Here is the Racefit Growler on a black K5

Here's what the Growler sounds like on an R1

idle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0Kc4zCDo98

flyby
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4mxqfdrQWE

I guess they kind of designed it to look like the Terms on the Yamaha M1's

Reactions: TOEJAM

·
Registered
290 Posts
You can buy the Micron GP cannister in black ceramic coating. That would look good. Also, if you want some that looks seriously trick check out the Taylor made system. It is black and runs dual tips under the seat with a full carbon fiber under tail. That system would look real sweet on an all black bike. The last thing I thought is that the system you showed last was basically a Yosh TRC Japan (short) cannister which is made for the 1000's. Jamie at Fuel Moto can hook you up with that, however you would have to build a hanger if you didn't want the bracket/hangar combo screwed into the passenger pegs.

·
60,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, JimmyZ's bike...that is the exact one i was talking about. That is one of the baddest bikes i have ever seen. Im prolly gonna order some of those wheels this week.

I love that pipe...that is just what i am looking for. So how can i go about having it ceramic coated? Who does that type of work? Also, how did he get the "Racefit" back on it after it was coated?

·
60,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like the look of the Micron also...but i don't want to use the hanger. I don't like how that pipe has the hanger bracket build into it. I guess i could take a grinder to it and then touch up the paint.

·
60,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, i have seen it. For some reason i dont think it looks as good on the 1k as it does on the 600. I don't know if it is because of the longer fairing on the 1k or what, but IMO...it doesnt look as good.

I love the sound of the M4 on my Six though...i bet it would sound bad as hell on the 1k.

·
60,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wonder if i could just get JimmyZ to sell me his bike, haha.

·
60,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
just google "racefit exhaust".

I found them at a couple of different places.

motorcycletoystore.com
hammythecanman.com

(might want to verify the spelling...but i think that is right)

They are from the UK. The one i like (mega) is $800

·
Registered
839 Posts
I'll sell you mine..:D It's a custom Scorpion slip-on. I just didn't get around to listing it on e-bay yet. My bike doesn't have fairings anymore but I posted a pic with and without so you could get a good look at it. I'm going with something in titanium to match my headers better since she's nakid..:cheers

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.