Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new set of exhaust gaskets to see if this is the cause of my backfiring. One side has two little tabs. Which direction should the tabs be facing? Facing the engine or towards the exhaust? I didn't pay attention when I took them off. Does it even matter? But they don't look identical on each side.

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Doesnt really matter... Put I found that if you put them facing the motor, it holds them in as you mount everything up to the motor...

Also, If you have a full system and have not re-jetted this would cause your "backfire". Have you removed the PAIR valve? This also causes a "backfire".

Most of the time it isnt a backfire, it is a lean pop... BUt sounds like a backfire.

John

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Sorry i looked again and see that you have the jet kit....

I would look at the pair valve and see about removing it...
Much nicer...

What other mods do you have?

Your yosh pipe, does the header bolt on or is it a mount that bolts to the head and the pipe slips on to the mount?

If you have the one that slips on to the mount, then check that it is fitted all the way on... This was a problem for me.. I also found that the mount had be worren from the pipe vibrating on the mount. I have to use this stuff called "chamber seal" to stop the leak. A good dirtbike shop should have some for about 10 bucks... Works great since it is made for pipes and doesnt get hard... It is like pumbers puddy...

What about were the mid pipe fits to the header.. Nice and tight?

John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts