Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys.. I am running out of luck here. I cant find an exhaust for my 91 1100. I am about to pay a fabricator big bucks to make an entire exhaust system. I hate to dump money into this bike like that but I dont think I have a choice.

Hindle. No full system for my bike.

Yosh. Out of production. No systems.

V&H. Out of production. Could make one. 6month wait

D&D. Out of production. No systems.

Yikes... I figured the aftermarket for an 1127 bike would be pretty strong!

Any idea's? My only hope is a used system from Dinoracer but he has not replied to emails yet.

Thanks!

CT

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Did you email/call Hindle? It's funny that there's no full ssystem, when I've got one on my `89...

If it's any help, I've got the complete stock exhaust and associated brackets/fasteners... it's got lots of road-slime and gunk on the headers, and there are some minor scratches on the cans (you cannot see them in photos because of the glare from the metal). I could be persuaded to dig it out, box it up and ship it off if that's what you want for your bike.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
MICRON........full race of course, with mid baffles removed too.

Like this one that I got last year

Andy

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah.. I had a Hindle on my 90 1100... But the dealer said they no longer have any and do not make them... thats what I meant.. Sorry.

I hate to go to a stock exhaust with the twin pipes. Thanks for the offer though!

CT

Originally posted by FastCat:
Did you email/call Hindle? It's funny that there's no full ssystem, when I've got one on my `89...

If it's any help, I've got the complete stock exhaust and associated brackets/fasteners... it's got lots of road-slime and gunk on the headers, and there are some minor scratches on the cans (you cannot see them in photos because of the glare from the metal). I could be persuaded to dig it out, box it up and ship it off if that's what you want for your bike.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Andy, Thanks for the tip on Micron. I am going to look up a dealer tonight and see if I can get my hands on one. I hope they are still in production.

CT

Originally posted by Andy James:
MICRON........full race of course, with mid baffles removed too.

Like this one that I got last year

Andy

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Keep an eye in eBay too... there *was* a supertrapp in there a few days ago (just looked, I guess the auction ended) and that's where I got my Hindle (about a month ago). The Microns look great too, that's the route I would have gone if I hadn't happened across the Hindle. If you're looking for a cheap out, *someone* in here had an old Yosh steel system... I'll try and dig up email and see who it was if you want it...

...ummm...

I just went and looked... Hindle still lists a part# for a full system for the `89-`92 as well as the `86-`89 1100's... are you sure that the distributor you spoke to is on the ball? I got all kinds of misinformation from distributors before (like the one that told me that the `93 and up systems would fit my old oil-cooler).

[ 04-15-2002, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: FastCat ]

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
maybe your right. I need to call Hindle direct and make sure.. I saw that part # as well but one of the distributors claimed up and down that hindle no longer makes my pipe...

I have checked ebay and I will continue to watch look each day.

I am looking for anything that is not bashed in and rusted out. This system is so horrid I have taken it off the bike and plan on tossing it in the trash. Its header tubes are rotted out and the collector is smashed down to 1/2 inch. I think somone must have jumped this bike. I cant imagine how that happend

Thanks again.

Clark

Originally posted by FastCat:
Keep an eye in eBay too... there *was* a supertrapp in there a few days ago (just looked, I guess the auction ended) and that's where I got my Hindle (about a month ago). The Microns look great too, that's the route I would have gone if I hadn't happened across the Hindle. If you're looking for a cheap out, *someone* in here had an old Yosh steel system... I'll try and dig up email and see who it was if you want it...

...ummm...

I just went and looked... Hindle still lists a part# for a full system for the `89-`92 as well as the `86-`89 1100's... are you sure that the distributor you spoke to is on the ball? I got all kinds of misinformation from distributors before (like the one that told me that the `93 and up systems would fit my old oil-cooler).

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Go to www.dragbike.com you will find anything you need for oil cooled R's there.Remember,these are one of the MOST POPULAR drag engines out there and people buy and sell parts for them all the time.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hey, I've been online all day and haven't received anything from you! Sorry, maybe my firewall thinks you are spamming me.

[email protected]

·
Registered
159 Posts
I am 100% sure that Hindle still make a full
system for your bike. The part number from them
is SXR1190SS, I have just bought this for my bike
and it's finish is great (haven't started bike
yet so sound/power is still unknown).

Try these guys:- Street & Comp

I have never dealt with them but many people
have.