Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2004 GSX-R 1000 yesterday with a yoshi exhaust, it appears to have an exhaust valve in it. Are some yoshi's installed with that in it? It definitely appears to be a full exhaust upgrade.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,630 Posts
There are a few Yoshimura exhausts with exhaust valves (and catalysts). But we'd need more information, particularly pics, about yours before saying more. New members might have problems posting pics but you ought to be able to put them onto a site like postimages.org and provide a link here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also am surprised by the lack of power in lower rpm, this is my first 1000 and it is fast but the front end isnt coming up unless I really goose it. Maybe I over thought what it would be like to ride one but I am suspicious.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,630 Posts
Some searching indicates that a bolt-on was the OEM muffler from K1-K4. That looks like the OEM midpipe. In addition to slip-ons, Yoshimura made a TRS bolt-on, 1115465, for K1-K4 1000 as well as 600/750. That appears to be what you have.

Here's a Suzuki accessory exhaust that was made by Yoshimura Japan and has the SET valve. I was originally thinking that you might have something related to it (you don't). That particular one has been dicked up by removing the actual valve and associated actuating parts on the left side, leaving the stubs on the valve body where they attached. But what's left looks just like the OEM parts. Search for that part number or 99000-79N21-007 for more pictures.

I see some scratching on the forward part of the shell but no denting. There's a fair chance that some light sanding and buffing would remove them. But you'd probably have to get the front strap out of the way.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some searching indicates that a bolt-on was the OEM muffler from K1-K4. That looks like the OEM midpipe. In addition to slip-ons, Yoshimura made a TRS bolt-on, 1115465, for K1-K4 1000 as well as 600/750. That appears to be what you have.

Here's a Suzuki accessory exhaust that was made by Yoshimura Japan and has the SET valve. I was originally thinking that you might have something related to it (you don't). That particular one has been dicked up by removing the actual valve and associated actuating parts on the left side, leaving the stubs on the valve body where they attached. But what's left looks just like the OEM parts. Search for that part number or 99000-79N21-007 for more pictures.

I see some scratching on the forward part of the shell but no denting. There's a fair chance that some light sanding and buffing would remove them. But you'd probably have to get the front strap out of the way.

Thank you

·
Registered
26 Posts
So my 06 and beyond I ripped the cables and motor out completely as valve is normally wide open. Do the proper bypass ( one jumper wire) no codes and better performance except warning up in the cold

1 - 7 of 7 Posts