Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed I'm missing an exhaust bolt. 2015 GSXR 750 with m4 slip on. There is a hanger on the m4 that is connected, but the top of the hanger should mount to the frame and that's where I'm missing the bolt. Attached some pictures. Does anyone know what size that bolt is and where I could get a replacement?

Attachments

·
16,990 Posts
I just noticed I'm missing an exhaust bolt. 2015 GSXR 750 with m4 slip on. There is a hanger on the m4 that is connected, but the top of the hanger should mount to the frame and that's where I'm missing the bolt. Attached some pictures. Does anyone know what size that bolt is and where I could get a replacement?

www.ronayers.com

Look up your bike, in the "Muffler" pic, part #14

·
16,990 Posts

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,509 Posts
Teach a man to fish..

Also, after finding the size, run over to Sears and pick that bolt up for $.50.
Never pay stealership prices.
I don't find stealership prices on fasteners to be out of line at all.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't see the bolt size in the diagram. It's just listed as "bolt" with a part number. It's #9 on https://www.ronayers.com/oemparts/a/suz/54d9391d87a86524a851b575/muffler. Am I missing it?

I also called the dealership and they don't have it in stock and said they couldn't see the size in their diagram either. I think I'm just going to measure the opening and go to home depot and buy a bunch of bolts and hopefully one of them will fit.

And use Loctite when you reinstall.
:thumbup :thumbup

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If anyone lands here in the future and wants to know, its an 8-1.25 x 16mm bolt.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,561 Posts
Also it has a hex flanged head, I think 12 mm hex x 17 mm flange. HD bolts may have other hex/flange sizes but try to get a flanged bolt.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also it has a hex flanged head, I think 12 mm hex x 17 mm flange. HD bolts may have other hex/flange sizes but try to get a flanged bolt.
Is there a benefit to a flanged bolt? I just got a regular bolt and washer... and loctite :grin2:

·
16,990 Posts
Teach a man to fish..

Also, after finding the size, run over to Sears and pick that bolt up for $.50.
Never pay stealership prices.
I don't find stealership prices on fasteners to be out of line at all.
I guess it depends on what you need. When I need a part that day, I'll go to a dealership, if not I can always order online.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,561 Posts
The flange provides a more rigid support. But you'll probably be fine with a bolt and washer. Here's what it was:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
4 Participants
BillV
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing